Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a dream and I'm worry about it

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:50 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 398 Total Views

MY daughter dreamt that her father cut one of her leg.what is the meaning of this dream?does it mean one of her parents will died?that's what I read on the internet.I'm very worried now.I don't want to loose my husband,I have 5 kids and 3 are small....

by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mrs42
by on Nov. 9, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Salaamu Alaikum sis. NO. Please don't believe that. As far as I know, dreams fall into categories: dreams from Allah swt (example, prophetic dreams), dreams from Nafs (body, like about things happened in your life or related to your real experience), or dreams from the Shaytan (anything that disturbs, makes no sense, dreams like "horror movies"). dreams from Shaytan are meant to disturb you; but they are NOT true or based in truth... if you have a bad dream, it is best not to speak of them but to try to forget them. (of course if your children are small, they can tell u the dream, and u can help them understand it's "not real.") there are also duas you can make after having a bad dream or to avoid them. If you want to discuss any dreams it's recommended talk to someone you truly trust or who you believe has knowledge to help you interpret it, because dreams can be v personal! I'll try to find something to post here to give you more info. 

please don't worry it's just a creepy nightmare. my dd8 has scary dreams lately too, never fun :( 

mrs42
by on Nov. 10, 2014 at 11:57 AM

Abu Hurayrah narrated Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said:
"There are three types of dreams: a righteous dream which is glad tidings from Allah, the dream which causes sadness is from Shaitan, and a dream from the ramblings of the mind." (Sahih Muslim)

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said, "...If he has a dream that he dislikes, then it is from Shaitan. He should seek refuge with Allah from its evil, and he should not mention it to anybody, then it will not harm him."

Bad dreams (i.e. dreams from Shaitan) are not to be told to others: It was narrated from Jabir (RA) that a Bedouin came to Allah’s Messenger (PBUH) and said: I dreamt that my head was cut off and I was chasing it. The Prophet (PBUH) said, “Do not speak of how Shaitan toyed with you in your sleep.”  (Hadith No. 5925, Book of Dreams, Sahih Muslim, Vol. 6). 

Some narrations tell us that one should change the side on which he/she was sleeping on seeing a dream which he/she dislikes. Some tell us that when someone sees a dream which he/she dislikes, then he/she should spit three times on left side and seek refuge with Allah (by offering Salat or making Dua etc.). Sahih Bukhari. It is also narrated that Rasool-Allah (PBUH) said, that if someone sees a dream that he dislikes, then do so and so (the actions mentioned above), then the person shall not be harmed. 

On the other hand, whenever someone sees a good dream, he/she should thank Allah for it.

mrs42
by on Nov. 10, 2014 at 12:03 PM

"Dreams, as we can safely infer from the Islamic sources, are of three types:

The first of these is termed mubashshiraat, which are sound dreams that are indicative of glad tidings. They result from angelic inspirations or suggestions cast by Allah in our consciousness. Referring to such dreams, the Prophet (pbuh) said:“Nothing of the prophecy remains now (i.e. after his own call to prophethood) except sound visions, which are bestowed on a righteous believer, and it constitutes one thirtieth of prophecy.”
This type of dream can include premonitions or intimations of things that might happen in the future. For instance, a believer may experience a vision about his own imminent death, or some future events to occur, or receive some confirmation of his spiritual states, or even reminders/admonitions about his omissions or commissions. These may include visions of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) or other prophets and communications with them, or visions of symbols of Islam such as the Ka`bah or the Prophet’s mosque, etc. (dreams recalling us to remembrance of Allah swt).

A second type of dream is the result of Satanic whisperings or inspirations. Satan, the avowed enemy of man, is ever-present with us and he sees us in ways that we do not see him. He inspires in us all kinds of thoughts and suggestions, both in conscious and unconscious states. A person may be predisposed to such Satanic visions and inspirations if he is constantly exposed to sights, sounds and thoughts that are obscene.

A third type of dream can be termed as ‘idle dreams’, (from the body) and they are due to the impact of unpalatable foods, or the over-exercise of one’s imaginations, or experiences in life which might also be reflected in one’s dreams.
A person experiencing a good vision is encouraged to share it with others, especially with those who are trustworthy and GOD-fearing;
 but if he/she experiences a bad dream, he/she is advised against disclosing it to anyone. In the latter case, immediately after experiencing such a dream, he/she is recommended to change the sleeping position, and seek refuge and protection in ALLAH(swt) by saying the following supplication:

"Bismillahi alladhi laa yadurru ma` ismihi shay’un fi al-ardi wa laa fi as-samaa’i wahuwa as-sami`ul `alim(In the name of Allah; with His name nothing whatsoever on earth or heaven can do any harm; He is the all-Hearing, and the all-Knowing)."

Referring to this, the Prophet (pbuh) said, “Thus he/she will be spared of any possible harm.”
While the first type of dream is what every believer should seek and strive for, he/she must surely guard against the second type of dream.

The surest way to block Satanic inspirations and whisperings is by taking refuge in Allah and through cultivating the habit of consistency in dhikr, right thinking, right living and right conduct. It is, therefore, highly recommended to go to bed in a state of purity (wudu) after having recited portions of the Qur’an (such as surahs al-Fatihah, al-Ikhlaas, al-Falaq and al-Nas as well as Aayat al-Kursi), and to immerse oneself indhikrandsalah on the Prophet (pbuh) before one lapses into a state of sound sleep."
Croissants
by on Nov. 23, 2014 at 12:49 AM

thank you for all of my sisters to help me understand it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)