Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

****MUST READ***Before you post, Group Guidelines

Posted by (Group Owner) on Feb. 25, 2007 at 12:39 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 2020 Total Views

Welcome to the Muslim Group dear sisters, we are so excited to have you on here. This forum is intended to provide a safe and inviting atmosphere for Muslim sisters to come together in the spirit of learning, sharing, and support.

This is an open forum so all moms are welcome to post, comment, and ask questions.  in the spirit of learning and building bridges between different faiths, and so more tolerance.  we have had a good number of non Muslim moms frequenting our board over at club mom, their input was always welcome, we have built so many good friendships and sisterhood with them, and we hope to carry on that tradition on here with them and with you..  ... but before any one posts on here, please remember these guidelines:

1. even though it is an open forum, it is first and foremost a place for Muslim moms, we will not tolerate hate messages, or damning remarks. we expect respect and acceptance from anyone that wishes to post on here, or the post will be deleted and reported

2. Please remember to be considerate and polite, foul language will not be tolerated, personal attacks, harassing and flaming will not be accepted , posts containing any of the above will be deleted and reported, and if such a thing continues, the person doing that will be kicked off the board.

3. we  all come here to learn together, NO one knows everything. so please be patient, and understanding of eachother's differences and beliefs.

4. any posts that contain words to insult or demean our faith, our prophet, or our holy book will be deleted. no bashing, doubting, or undermining Sunnah: 

If you dont' follow Sunnah

should we follow Sunnah? ( links than will help)

5. This board will not turn into an arena for personal arguments, if you have a problem with another member, please PM them. and DO not use specific information about their identity. 
please also read cafemom's guide lines as well.

I do not mean to offend any one with these guidelines. I just want to make sure that we establish an inviting, calm, and welcoming atmosphere for all moms to come and share; without the fear of being judged, attacked, put down, or criticized.

welcome all, looking forward to exchanging ideas, thoughts, emotions, and inspirations with all of you.

peace/ Salaam

**********  Edited rules.. please read, until I get a chance to merge all this together.. bear with us. 

<<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><>

Welcome to the Muslim Moms Group Dear Sisters & Friends,

We are so excited to have you on here. This forum is intended to provide a safe and inviting atmosphere for Muslim sisters to come together in the spirit of learning, sharing, and support.

This is an open forum so all moms (regardless of religion) are welcome to post, comment, and ask questions.  In the spirit of learning and building bridges between different faiths, tolerance is emphasized per the teachings of Islam. But before any one posts on here, please remember these guidelines:

1. Even though it is an open forum, it is first and foremost a place for Muslim moms, we will not tolerate hate messages, or damning remarks. We expect respect and acceptance from anyone that wishes to post on here, or the post will be deleted and reported. This means- no gossiping, no insulting, no pointing out the wrong of anyone in an aggressive humiliating way will ever be accepted. Please remember to be considerate and polite, foul language will not be tolerated, personal attacks, harassing and flaming will not be accepted , posts containing any of the above will be deleted and reported, and if such a thing continues, the person doing that will be kicked off the board. 

3. We  all come here to learn together, NO one knows everything, except Allah, our Creator. So please be patient and understanding of each other's differences and beliefs. If you advise, do so with wisdom, empathy and justice. Remember everyone has their own battles, and no one is left untested. Harshness is not a part of Islam, compassion and mercy are. So this should be in the forefront of all posts and responses. Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him taught us that the best of believers are those with best manners.

4. Any posts that contain words to insult or demean our faith- Islam, our Prophet, or our Holy Book will be deleted, IMMEDIATELY without warning.This is for the benefit of those coming to Muslim Moms in seeking accurate knowledge of Islam and for displaying the integrity which Islam stands for.

5. When explaining any Islamic topic it is crucial that the source you are using is given, although personal opinions are valid- in NO way they are to take precedence over the teachings of the Quran and Sunnah when advising our sisters. Righteous scholars differ and they did not/nor do they contradict the teachings of Islam. Be careful in calling something permissible or forbidden without support and be clear when expressing your personal views that they are yours. 

6. Anonymous Questions are most welcome. Please send them to either Sr. Proud- the Group Owner or either of the two Admins- Sr. Muhajjirah or Sr. MuslimahPJ. Your privacy will be respected inshaaAllah and will not be disclosed to the group. We then post them anonymously for the Muslim Mom group members to go through and respond to with your permission.

7. There are TWO Forums in the group. General Discussions is where ANYONE online can read and have access to. The Private Forum is only accessible for Muslim Mom members. Please post accordingly, but do know admins can move the threads on best interest of the members. Many have signed up for Muslim Moms just to peek into the Private Forums. We encourage Moms to be active in the group if they can, but do know that if you have not posted or been to the group in a year, you may be removed. If so, please sign back up again.  With hundreds in the group you are most welcome and we want you with us but like to do roll calls ever so often.

8. NO MEN are allowed in the group or should be welcomed to read the posts, particuarly the private posts, including husbands! A Couple of times men have entered the group only to have been deleted and reported immediately. If you are a man- with all due respect you are NOT welcome! 

9. Please be careful with ANY link you post. If you post something with the intent to teach others about Islam but it is deemed as not benificial, nor based on the correct teachings of Islam it will be deleted. Do not advertise your groups continually in your posts, there is a specific thread for that. Please do not try to come and recruit members and offer drive by posts. If your group or cause is seen as controversial to the purpose of Muslim Moms, or if it does not welcome ALL the members in Muslim Moms, then please refrain from announcing it. We don't want anyone to every feel left out, and so although your group may be beneficial to some, we are sensitive to the feelings of others so we request that you do not promote it in MM if you are not welcoming all our members.

10. Please note that these Rules may change at anytime, but we will try Godwilling inshaAllah to make you aware of them. By being involved in the group you are agreeing to the Rules which are set for everyone’s benefit. Also read CafeMom's guide lines as well.

***Warnings: 

Warnings will be given if needed, (rarely happens)

We welcome all, looking forward to exchanging ideas, thoughts, emotions, and inspirations with all of you.

Peace/ Salaam!

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 12:39 AM
Replies (1-5):
proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Mar. 18, 2007 at 12:21 AM

Mar. 15, 2007 at 1:12 AM by bfssmom
posted to Muslim Moms

Salam Alai Kum Sisters

When you quote someone please do scroll down till you see no more blue color and then start to type. This way it is separate and easier to read. 
Thanks
bfssmom (After you pass forty the eyes need all the help they can get)  LOL

the key is NOT to type inside the blue box.
bfssmom Group Admin
by on May. 28, 2007 at 9:32 PM

Salam alai Kum

Sisters I would like to recommend that when posting DO NOT put any personal information in your post..   I recommend that you send personal information by Personal Messaging only .    This is for your own personal security and safety..

Thank You
Mary bfssmom
proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Sep. 1, 2007 at 11:29 PM
Greetings and salaam to all the sisters in this group.

it seems to me that not many sisters have read the group's guidelines. and I know this simply because we have over 230 members and the rules have been viewed about 150. times.. I have received many complaints, and pm's regarding moms that don't seem to have any filtration system when replying to other moms or posting their own opinions on here. 

I don't mean to offend any one, nor is this aimed at any one in particular. this is just a friendly reminder:

~please remember to always be courteous in your questions or responses

~please remember that first and foremost this is a Muslim group. Questions and comments are welcome. so long as respect is maintained.

~undermining Islam, Allah ( God) or the Prophet just for the sake of an argument will not be allowed on this site. again., if you are asking questions to learn. you are most welcome. but I WILL not stand for any disrespect of our faith.

here is a copy of the group's guidelines. please take the time to go through them.
thank you all ,

love and salaam

Welcome to the Muslim Group dear sisters, we are so excited to have you on here. This forum is intended to provide a safe and inviting atmosphere for Muslim sisters to come together in the spirit of learning, sharing, and support.

This is an open forum so all moms are welcome to post, comment, and ask questions.  in the spirit of learning and building bridges between different faiths, and so more tolerance.  we have had a good number of non Muslim moms frequenting our board over at club mom, their input was always welcome, we have built so many good friendships and sisterhood with them, and we hope to carry on that tradition on here with them and with you..  ... but before any one posts on here, please remember these guidelines:

1. even though it is an open forum, it is first and foremost a place for Muslim moms, we will not tolerate hate messages, or damning remarks. we expect respect and acceptance from anyone that wishes to post on here, or the post will be deleted and reported

2. Please remember to be considerate and polite, foul language will not be tolerated, personal attacks, harassing and flaming will not be accepted , posts containing any of the above will be deleted and reported, and if such a thing continues, the person doing that will be kicked off the board.

3. we  all come here to learn together, NO one knows everything. so please be patient, and understanding of eachother's differences and beliefs.

4. any posts that contain words to insult or demean our faith, our prophet, or our holy book will be deleted.

please also read cafemom's guide lines as well.

I do not mean to offend any one with these guidelines. I just want to make sure that we establish an inviting, calm, and welcoming atmosphere for all moms to come and share; without the fear of being judged, attacked, put down, or criticized.

welcome all, looking forward to exchanging ideas, thoughts, emotions, and inspirations with all of you.

peace/ Salaam

proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on May. 25, 2008 at 10:39 PM
Deleting posts.

assalamu alaikum sisters,

I just want to let every one know that we do not delete posts just like that unless there was something in there that violates the guidelines of the group. and usually we contact the OP before or after we delete..

My admins usually lock a post if I were away, until they contact me. they however do have the authorization to delete if the post is against guidelines or became extremely offensive. and so , they rarely delete alhamdulilaah.  

Many of the members on here. sometimes delete their own posts.
on purpose or by mistake
. I , as a  group owner , can do nothing about it. once a post is deleted, it is gone. and I cannot retrieve it. and every one can delete their own posts, I cannot stop them from doing that.  however all the replies to the post are gone as well. so could you please be a bit more careful with your posts. and if you wish to delete. could you at least let me know. many of us work hard and spend a lot of time on our replies. we research , and we spend a good while typing. and it is not really fair for the rest of the members to just erase all their efforts.

as always, Thank you all for being here. 
and just a little reminder, I am leaving the day after tomorrow. for about six weeks. my Internet access will be minimal. so I will be relying on all of you to keep this group going forward.. insha' Allah,

I love you in the love of Allah and leave you in his trusted care.

Love and salaam (peace)

proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Sep. 11, 2008 at 6:05 PM

assalamu alaikum dear sisters,

This was a message that came to me about our group.

it seems some moms feel nervous about posting here in fear of being judged, censored, or asked to provide proof when their opinion should be enough.

well, I'm sorry that there are sisters who feel that way. I try to make this group as open, friendly, and inviting as I possibly can. and we do have fun. we just don't post jokes that disrespect Allah, his prophet, or Islam or each other even. but we do have fun.

why do we censor posts? well.  This is a place to discuss Islam. I take it with great responsibilty that it remains a place where dsicussions are respectful and truthful.  we are all going to be asked on the day of judgement about our words, deeds, choices and yes advice.

we have many many posts that remind us how one of the main reasons to put people in Hell is their tongues. and how throwing words around without thinking about them. can really really harm you. and those around you.

on the day of judgement , those you lead astray will blame you in front of Allah. and I don't want to be blamed .. nor does any other sister on here I am sure.

This group is my family. and I do all that is in my power to look out for my family. even if at times I sound harsh, or no fun. but I do it with the fear of Allah in my heart insha'Allah. and the love for my sisters for the sake of Allah.

why do we ask for proof?  so that no one can come to you and tell you if touch your husband you break your wudu' . so that no one can tell you to go pray a hundred raka's and you will get anything you pray for, so no one can tell you false information about the prophet, hadith, or Quran. so no one can tell you Quran says this or that, or hadith says this or that.

we ask for proof and we provide proof, because we want to make sure that YOU get the right answer.

I have been doing this about nine years almost. but not in the intensity I have been doing it the past four. and I have answered the same questions over and over again alhamdulilaah. and I have seen many false answers. and mistakes, and I have committed mistakes my self, may Allah forgive us all. but it comes down to this:

I take you coming to this virtual halaqa very very seriously. I fear Allah in my answers, and I fear Allah in yours. I want the person looking for answers to get the safest, most correct answer. because we are all held accountable for what we say. if we don't know. we say that we don't know, we don't speculate, because it is not our place. you can speculate about your cooking, politics, children. exams, relationships.. but not Islam. never your faith..

our group is more than copy-pasting fatwas, or shoving Islam down your throat. no one forces you to come and read. we are here because we want to be here.

we have put forth the option of the anonymous post. if you don't want to feel nervous about posting . just send to me by pm. and I guarantee you in the sight of Allah that no one will know it is you.

we are all grown women on here. we are all mothers and teachers for our children. we don't want to come here so someone can put a band aid with a smiley face on  an infected wound for a quick fix to make you feel better. if you are wrong we will say you are. just like you have to tell us when WE are wrong. NO one is perfect. and that is our right as Muslims upon other Muslims, to advise us when we are wrong

it was a very interesting message I read today. it came from a sister who is a member of so many Muslim groups. and asked me why I do things in this group the way I do them . well, I hope I have answered her. and all the other sisters who might have the same questions.

and last.. when we react to a post. it is a reaction to the words in the post. not the person. please know that we gain nothing from ill feelings, or making others feel bad or inferior. we should all come together feesabeel Allah and for his sake insha' Allah.

I really love you all in the love of Allah.

I ask those of you that I might have wronged to forgive me.  whether you believe it or not, I do not mean to hurt you , or offend you. I just have to deal with the words in front of me. because those words, on my forum are my responsibility.

hope you understand.

jazaakillahu khairan sistser for your message.

please sisters if you have any comments you would like to share, I am all ears,, well. eyes LOL.

I leave you in the trusted care of Allah.

Love and salaam (peace)

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN