Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shurkan Sisters

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 2:22 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 357 Total Views

Asalam Walikum Sisters,

Hello, I am Nancy a hispanic from Cali. soon moving to Mexico. Well I am not Muslim but I was married to one for 5yrs until he did me wrong. Well I shouldnt say he was Muslim cus that he wasnt he never prayed or went to the Musjid he just gave it a bad name. I had asked him to teach me about Islam but he is n one to teach me cus he was not doing it himself so then after that i just got on line and found a teacher who could teach me and well he me a site called Islamway.com that is a very helpful site i love it .I have known about Islam since I was a kid in 5th grade and ever since I can rememeber I have studied it but never converted I know how to pray in Arabic and speak it a lil but its not my time yet to convert to Islam until my heart says it then I will. I dont see all Arabians bad like how my ex husband was cus i am no one to judge any one and well there is good and bad in ever culture and well i just love the arabic culture and well i have found a wonderful man from Jordan now and well we are thinking of gettting married soon so inshallah all will be good.
Thank you sisters
Nancy

oh yah i also want to put my lil girl in a Islamic school so she can learn about it and well that is part of her culture and at the same time I to will learn with her and then maybe we both can convert to Islam

by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
practicingislam
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 3:21 PM
peace sister afwan (your welcome) WOW WHAT A INSPIRATION you know i am a revert myself i reverted about 9-10 years ago alhamdulillah......Allah unveiled the darkness from my heart and gave me light to finally under stand islam and accept him as God and i am happy i have made this decision years ago........i was previously married to a pakistani and he gave a really bad way to image of islam......unfortunately many in all religions says they are religious but in the homes its another story and we dont see that always.....i am sorry that your previous husband did not teach you islam....and as a muslim Allah requires us to give dawa (islamic knowledge) when ever we are asked and if we arent if we see where we can we should....for him to avoid it is very sad b/c keeping someone from the right path to God are the among those that are disbelievers....i find it commendable youare struggling to strive to learn about islam and i hope one day Allah will remove that uncertainty from ur heart and you will be on the straight path......i find it more commendable that you want to send your daughter to a islamic school that is one of the best gifts u can give your daughter......Allah puts everything in steps so you never know maybe this jordanian brother will be a "GOOD PRACTICING MUSLIM" and help you learn more and become more knowledgeable about islam......see islam our religion is a beautiful religion......and unfortunately as in all religions "MAN" not God changes commands from God to suit his own desire which is wrong.......I hope Allah will send u a devoted knowledgeable muslim man that will help you learn in a way that will benefit you and him and i hope one day you will be able to take shahada (oath that there is no God but Allah and Mohammad is his messenger)......no muslim is perfect but those who are on the straight path Allah makes it easy for them to acquire knowledge and understanding and those are the ones who have truly understood islam.....REALLY I AM SO PROUD AND HAPPY TO READ THIS POST TODAY YOU HAVE A GOOD OUTLOOK.  and i find it much more commendable you are encouraging ur daughter to be close to Allah
bfssmom Group Admin
by on Feb. 25, 2007 at 8:53 PM

So sorry gateway  how you were treated.  He will be the one to answer to  Allah.  Unfortunately many men from other countries come and do these thing and leave children fatherless which is very sad.  Alot of men have wives over seas and girlfriends here may Allah forgive them.  It is a shame that they do not follow the rules and commands of Allah..  I am so proud of you for being strong for your daughters sake.  If we can answer any questions for you we will be glad too and if we don't know the answer we WILL find it. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)