Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

translation please

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 12:03 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 211 Total Views
Hy, just wanted to know what..a'salaan alaykium and isha allah mean. Also you could tell me about some other common phrases.

Since I am here I also would like to know how to say "treat him like the king he is" I think you guys are writing english versions of arabic, right?
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 10:31 AM
greetings dear purplecandle,

you can find those translations in the sticky post on the top of the forum that has questions about Islam , but I will go ahead and copy/paste it for you here.

=============================================
first and foremost,
~
Allah: ( the exalted) is the Arabic word for God.  and yes even Christian Arabs pray to Allah ( God ) and Isa ( eesa- Jesus Peace be upon him)

~
Insha' Allah
: God willing. we say it if we are planning to do or say something in the near or far future.for nothing can happen without the will of Allah

~ al-hamdullilaah
: thanks and gratitude given to Allah almighty.

~
masha' Allah
  : roughly means "God bless" people use it when they are admiring something mostly

~
 la hawla wa la quwata illa billah
:  roughly translated to "there is no ability nor strength except through Allah ( God)"  : people say that when they are sad, offering sympathies, or angry..
to kind of gain strength  and help from Allah,. for we are all helpless without Him and His blessings, the almighty and exalted Allah...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
as for " treat him like the king he is"  It is not an Arabic phrase to my knowledge. the sister that founded that group is a born American , and her mother tongue is English... so I'm guessing that she coined that phrase her self , Jazaaha Allahu Khairan ( may Allah reward her with blessings)

Thank you for your questions, looking forward to hearing from again insha' Allah ( God willing)
purplecandle
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 10:36 AM
Thanks Guys...Now I have to figure out how to pronounce them :)...English mouths are so stiff!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)