Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:13 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 273 Total Views
i am posting this message in more than one groups to get more responses and the help i need.
i dont know how anyone will take it but i really need help. dont judge me on that....but do give me advice and the information needed.
i have been struggling with my anger all my life. its not that i get angry all the time but whenever i do, its really bad. i usually get along very well with other people...people who are not my immediate family. but when it comes to controlling my anger within family settings, i m finding myself failing continuously. it was not sooo bad and i dint care about it before i got married and have a child. now that i have a son who is 22 months old and who is very active and spirited, i usually find myself out of control quite frequently. i dont want my anger to affect my child in anyway but i am feeling myself helpless. i usually manage to supress my anger but at least once a week i get so helpless and tested by my son that i just burst out. and that poor little guy has to suffer which being of such a young age shouldnt have to suffer.
i dont want my anger to control my behavior specially with my child, and i dont want my son to learn to show his anger in a manner that i do. what i want from all of you is to please give me some information regarding where i can find counseling for anger management? tell me some effective anger management programs specially in collin county, tx area. as i cant affort to pay for these counseling programs so i want you to tell me about some community or state initiated program. this will really be a great help. it will nto only change my life but my sons too who really is great.

thanks to all of you
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bfssmom Group Admin
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:25 PM

You should be able to get help from your county... family services etc..

When you get angry remove yourself from the situation  ,...... step back , leave the room....look at that beautiful little face and take a deep breath and ask yourself why am I doing this..

I am proud that you are asking for help this IS THE FIRST step that you realize that you need help....

by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 10:28 PM
Mental health agencies offer anger management classes and if finances are an issue, they usually have programs to assist.

In Peace
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:00 PM
You sound like my mom only she does not realise how bad it is... When we were kids we would hide and cry when she would go off... Now when she goes off my oldest (4) call's her scarry nanna and runs to some one to pertect her... Maby talking to your doctor about checking for a hormonal inbalence... that is what is wrong with my mom however she won't take meds for any thing...
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 11:10 PM

As a Muslim I would like for you to try a few things... When a Muslim get angry/upset we are to remove ouselves from the situation and if that does not cool u off we are to lay down and if that do not work we are to make wudu(the washing we do to prepare ouselves for prayer. We must be clean for Allah before we pray. After we make wudu we pray... that should calm you down... praying is the one thing that should do it for when you pray your mind should be on Allah (God) only.

Inshaa allah (God willing) this helps

Don't go through life, Grow through life...
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 2:55 AM
Have you always had this anger? Usually it stems from something in your past. Something you have not resolved. Medication often helps. It sedates a lot of negative emotions. That's the quick fix but you should definitely look into counseling too. Best wishes and good luck!
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 3:33 AM
Salaam Sister,

I researched your area and this is what I have found.

There are several programs in your county that can assist you.

Collin County CSCD Referrals.

Dallas Greater Anger Management
Call Dr. Carl Robinson PHD

Southwest Institute of Addictions and Anger Management
Richard W. Uhl M.A.  L.C.D.C

May Allah keep you strong, give you more patience, and help you with your struggles.  Ameen

by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 3:51 AM

Here is a website with a list of places for anger management.  If you tell them your situation maybe they can help you at no cost or tell you where you can go.

One thing that has really made me mellow is No Caffeine!!  I find that if I even have a cup of coffee and I am trying to clean the house or cook or something I need to get done in a hurry I get snappy at my kids.  I am glad that you see you have a problem.  You must realize the love you have for your child, otherwise you won't have come to us.  : )

Peace and please let us know how you are doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)