Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fasting?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:22 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 239 Total Views
Should one fast if they have high blood pressure that's treated with medication and they are anemic and take medication for that also?
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Aasiyah
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:31 PM

the beliver is supposed to fast as it is one of the pillars of Islam.  However, if there are medical conditions such as those you have described then the believer does not have to fast. Allah is merciful and most forgiving.  He does not wish you harm.  And he makes the religion easy on the believer.

He says:  Allah intends for you ease .  and He does not want to make things difficult fo ryou. 2:185

Do know that fasting is the only act of worship for which is done solely for the sake of Allah.

All other acts of worship are done to save yourself from the torment of the fire. 

if a person has an illness but can still fast and there is no harm in it for the person then it's best to fast

but if there is probably harm then you should refrain from fasting. And Allah knows your condition.

virginiamama71
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:42 PM
My friend is a diabetic, on meds for hypertension and also anemic and has fallen out many times trying to fast. Has been rushed to the ER a few times while fasting  for dehydration also.

She said last Ramadan she was able to fast cause she had changed the foods she ate in the morning.

MuslimMomof3
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:18 PM
As Salaamu Alaikum,

If your health conditions are not effected by the fast, they you should fast.  If they are then you should not.  I would see if I could find a Muslim doctor in your area and give him your history and see if he/she would recommended fasting or not.
practicingislam
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 12:03 AM
wa'alaykum asalam rahmatullah wa barakatuh sisters just to add on to your great job  any days missed you must either make up for it or feed a  poor person a meal for each day missed eg. if you missed 30 days u have to feed 30 poor people
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)