Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Surah's are best to overcome anger , patience and depression ?

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2008 at 10:35 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 11308 Total Views
2 moms liked this

As-salamu Alaikum sisters,

I am currently pregnant and lately my life has been an emotinoal ride of a roller coaster. My husband and I are away from each other for the time being due to work purposes and will see him next month or so Inshallah ! I know part of all these mood swings is due to  my hormones acting crazy but along with that am going through a lot of other personal problems. Lately my anger has been out of control ... can't watch anything I say out of my mouth and at times when I do somehow manage to control it ... I start to scream and even break things around the house.  I am at the stage where my baby is starting to deveop his hearing senses and this is not what I want for my baby to hear before he is even born. I  want to stop all this before it's far too late ... with all this crazy acts not intentionally of course am harming my marriage as well ....please help !

Other than recommending the Surah's ..your advices would be much appreciated as well :)

by on Sep. 16, 2008 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aasiyah
by on Sep. 16, 2008 at 10:49 AM

As salam alaikum sis...

I'm sorry to hear you are going through such a difficult time.  I wanted to advise you .. seek refuge in Allah. ONLY he can HELP you.  When you feel yourself getting angry... or depressed.. pick up the QURAN and just start reading.. and continue reading until  you feel yourself subside. It can be any Surah! but i find the best story regarding patience is the story of Yusuf (the 12 surah)

And seek refuge from shaitan, for it is he that makes you feel angry and depressed.  This is critical not only for you and your well being physically and emotionally but for preserving your Islam, the more you go against the adab of a muslim, the more you sin and the more you decrease your FAITH. Faith grows with good action and it decreases with bad actions. Also it is bad for  your fetus also, i imagine that what we go through is something they can detect..(not sure about this though).  WHen you get overwhelmed with whatever... stop what you are doing.. go and make wudo and PRAY 2 rakats to Allah.  Make Yourself STOP and pray or supplicate (make dua) to Allah.  It will HELP.

I will post things i think you should concentrate on reading... take your time reading it.. YOU don't have to read everything in one sitting... do as much as you are able.. but i wanted to provide information for you in one spot!  May Allah bring you ease, Guide you to what please him and make you successful! Ameen

i wanted to give you this link you can down load the book and read it when you can.

http://abdurrahman.org/character/ebooks.html

A Comprehensive Series of Articles on Patience - by Imâm Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah - [ PDF file here ]

Patience and Gratitude - by Imâm Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah - PDF - 48 Pages
An abridgement of his original work entitled, “Uddat as-Sâbireen wa Dhâkirat ash-Shâkireen” © 1997 TA-HA

This well known author, one of Ibn Taymiyyah's students, explains the nature of sabr(patience, fortitude) and its counterpart, shukr(gratitude) in a practical fashion, showing how these important spiritual qualities may be incorporated into everyday life. Although the original Arabic text was written over six centuries ago, the author’s words are even more relevant today.

An Excellent Book Specially in today's world when life is in such a haste that sometimes we forget the Importance and the necessity of Patience and gratitude

also....about ANGER (the islamic perspective)

/fortyhadith.iiu.edu.my/hadith16.htm

Allah is so merciful to his creation, there is nothing he left out of our religion.  Nothing! read on.

Abu Hurairah, radiyallahu 'anhu, reported that a man said to the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam:

"Advise me! "The Prophet said, "Do not become angry and furious." The man asked (the same) again and again, and the Prophet said in each case, "Do not become angry and furious."

[Al-Bukhari; Vol. 8 No. 137]

background

This hadith is also related by other scholars of hadith. In another narration, it is related as:

A man came to the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, and said, "Messenger of Allah, teach me some words which I can live by. Do not make them too much for me, lest I forget." The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, said, "Do not be angry." [Abu Daud]

Some scholars say that the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, knew that the man who asked him used to get angry often and that is why the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, gave him that particular advice. This view may lead to narrowing down and limiting the benefit of the hadith, whereas it is very comprehensive, far-reaching and applicable to all Muslims because everyone is subject to anger.

There are other Qur'anic verses and hadith that emphasize the need to avoid getting angry. Allah mentions the qualities of the muttaqin:

“Those who spend (in Allah’s cause) in prosperity and in adversity, who repress their anger, and who pardon men, verily, Allah loves the al-Muhsinun (the good-doers).”
[Surah Al-Imran (3) : Ayah 133-134]

In another hadith, Abu Hurairah related that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, said:

"A strong person is not the person who throws his adversaries to the ground. A strong person is the person who contains himself when he is angry." [Al-Bukhari; Book 47, No. 47.3.12]

And from the du'a (supplications) of the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam:

"I ask you O Allah, for truthful speech during times of pleasure and anger" [Nasaai and Ahmad]

lessons

There are four views, of which two of them are from the earlier scholars and the other two are from the contemporary scholars, about the interpretation of the Prophet's, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, statement "Do not get angry":

1. A person should learn how to change his character and adapt the characteristics of generosity, kindness, calmness, modesty, patience and forgiving. If a person adapts these qualities, then he may be able to restrain himself when he is about to get angry.
  2. One should not act based on anger or while being angry.
  3. When a person is about to get angry, he should control himself, be patient and not get angry. This is a contemporary view from Sheikh Al-Bitar.
  4. Ustaz Jamaluddin Zarabozo says that the text can be interpreted in the following way: a Muslim must think before acting or speaking. As soon as the feeling of anger appears to oneself, then there is a need to think of why the anger appears and whether it is necessary to be angry. While asking these questions, the person must remember Allah and the Hereafter (Akhirah). This will cause the person to calm down and not get angry.

All these interpretations can be applied as different strategies in handling anger in different situations.

If a person gets angry, then it is necessary that the person performs a muhasabah, which is to account oneself of the mistakes committed, what leads to them and how to overcome them in the future. This is an important training for us to improve ourselves.

In various hadiths, the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, teaches us how to control our anger. For example:

The Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, said, "I know a word, the saying of which will cause him to relax, if he does say it. If he says: 'I seek Refuge with Allah from Satan' then all his anger will go away." [Al-Bukhari; Vol. 4, No. 502]

The Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, said: "I know a phrase which, if he repeated, he could get rid of this angry feeling." They asked: "What is it, Apostle of Allah?" He replied: "He should say: 'I seek refuge in Allah from the accursed devil.'” [Abu Daud; Book 41, No. 4762]

Therefore one of the keys to controlling ourselves during anger is to seek refuge in Allah from Satan because Satan influence us through the ‘was-was’ that influence our perception. Likewise, Satan promotes evil to people by influencing their perception.

Influencing human perception as a satanic way to promote evil and create disputes among believers has been mentioned in many verses in the Qur'an, for example:

"And say to My servants (that) they should (only) speak that which is the best; (Because) Shaitan verily sows dissensions among them. Surely, Shaitan is an open enemy to man." [Surah Al-Isra' (17) : Ayah 53]

Indeed, if somebody uses a vague word in his speech, then Shaitan ‘whispers’ a wrong interpretation or understanding to the listeners of the speech that may affect the relationship amongst them. This is how relationships in the family, brothers, sisters and friends are severed.

In other hadiths, the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, teaches us how to deal with anger:

“Anger comes from the devil, the devil was created of fire, and fire is extinguished only with water; so when one of you becomes angry, he should perform ablution.” [Abu Daud; Book 41, No. 4766]

Abu Dharr narrated: The Apostle of Allah, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, said to us: "When one of you becomes angry while standing, he should sit down. If the anger leaves him, well and good; otherwise he should lie down." [Abu Daud; Book 41, No. 4764]

In another hadith, the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, said:

“If one of you becomes angry then he should be silent.”

This is an important advice because during anger, most of our actions and speech may not be correct.

Narrated 'Abdur Rahman bin Abi Bakra: Abu Bakr wrote to his son who was in Sijistan: Do not judge between two persons when you are angry, for I heard the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, saying: "A judge should not judge between two persons while he is in an angry mood." [Al-Bukhari; Vol. 9, No. 272]

This hadith is related to the previous hadith (Hadith 15) - it sets out to avoid the judge from making unjust judgement.

However, there are praiseworthy anger as known from the examples of the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam. He never got angry except when the commandments of Allah are violated. However, if we want to get angry for the sake of Allah, then we need to be careful that we:

1. are really not getting angry for ourselves or for our own interests.
  2. need to do it in the right way, like not committing wrong actions or saying vulgar words while getting angry.
  3. can achieve the benefit as intended by the shari’ah. If the action leads to more harm than benefit, then it should be avoided based on the principle of weighing between the benefits and harms.

For example, when giving advice, say it in a good way, using good words, and be careful not to get into a quarrel.

It is well known today that anger causes many health problems especially if they are not controlled. There are wisdoms behind shari’ah injunctions and here we find that to control our anger may be beneficial to our health.

conclusion

Socially, this hadith promotes better relationship among people. We need to restrain anger and be patient. We may dislike something in this life but it may have benefits that we do not know.

Our patience towards others who have been harsh on us may later lead them to think and change themselves to be better. Muslims need to set models for others to learn from.

Aasiyah
by on Sep. 16, 2008 at 10:51 AM

The Pillars of Kufr are Four

Shaykhul Islaam Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

Reference: Fawaa`idul Fawaa`id of Ibnul-Qayyim - Page 288

Category: Creed

"The pillars of Kufr (i.e. disbelief and disobedience) are Four:

1. Kibr i.e. arrogance, which prevents him from submission, (to the command of Allah)
2. Hasad i.e. jealousy, which prevents him from accepting advice and giving it.
3. Ghadab i.e. anger, which prevents him from being just.
4. Sha`wah i.e. lowly desires, which prevents him from devoting himself totally to worship.

Hence, if the pillar of arrogance is removed then it becomes easy to submit, and if the pillar of jealousy is removed then it becomes easy for him to accept naseehah (i.e. advice) and to give advice. If the pillar of anger is removed then it becomes easy for him to be just and humble himself and if the pillar of lowly desires is removed then it becomes easy for him to be patient, chaste and devote himself to worship. Every imprudent characteristic derives from these four. And when these characteristics settle in his heart they will cause him to see falsehood as truth and to see truth as falsehood. To see Ma`roof (i.e. good) as Munkar (i.e. evil) and evil as good, and it brings him closer to the life of this world and pushes the hereafter further from him.

Uprooting strong and power mountains from their places is easier than removing these four characteristics from the heart of an individual who is tested with them. This proves especially true when these characteristics become firmly rooted and embedded in an individual to the point they become second nature, for when an individual reaches this point it is almost impossible for him to do any good deeds, nor would he purify himself with them if he were to perform any acts of good. The more he strives diligently to perform acts of good the more his actions are corrupted by these four characteristics.

If you reflect on the disbelief of the past nations, you will find that it derived from one of these four pillars, and it was due to one of these four that they were punished. However, the severity of the punishment was dependant on the degree and extent of these pillars with those nations. So, whoever adorns himself with these pillars then he subjects himself to all types of evil consequences, in the life of this world and in the hereafter. And whoever avoids them, distances himself from all types of evil, because these characteristics prevent him from Inqiyad (i. e. submission), Ikhlas (i.e. sincerity), Tawbah (i.e. repentance), accepting the truth, giving advice to the Muslims and humbling himself to Allah and to His creation.

These characteristics emerge due to the slave`s ignorance of his Lord, and his ignorance of his own self-worth or value. If he truly knew his Lord with all of His lofty characteristics and was truly aware of his own short-comings and deficiencies, he would not have a reason to be arrogant nor seek retribution for himself, nor would he be jealous of anyone because of what Allah has given them, because in reality, jealousy is a type of enmity or hostility towards Allah, primarily because the slave hates the fact that Allah has bestowed upon one of his servants a particular blessing and he ardently desires that this blessing be taken away from him. So he actually oppose and contests the decree of Allah and he deems the blessing of Allah to this slave to be unjust and dislikes for him what Allah loves for him. And it was because of this characteristic that Iblis became the enemy of Allah, i.e. his arrogance and jealousy.

Hence, to replace these two hideous and evil characteristics with sound knowledge of Allah and His uniqueness and being pleased with Him as your Lord and turning towards Him for assistance in all of his affairs, and replacing anger with true knowledge of himself and his value, and the fact that he does not have the right to get angry and seek retribution for himself, because in this is giving precedence to himself over the pleasure of his Lord and expressing anger towards his Lord, who originated him.

And the greatest thing which would assist him in ridding himself of this characteristic is to condition himself to get angry for the pleasure of Allah and to be pleased for the pleasure of Allah. And every time he gets angry or is pleased for the pleasure of Allah then anger and pleasure for other than Him will be obliterated, and the opposite is the same.

However, the cure for his lowly desires is sound knowledge and understanding that his obedience to his lowly desires is the greatest reason or hindrance for him attaining satisfaction, and his abstaining from these lowly desires is the greatest reason and means by which he can attain satisfaction. So every time he sets out to attain satisfaction by following his lowly desires he actually pushes himself further away from achieving this satisfaction, and the more he avoids his lowly desires, the closer he is to attaining the satisfaction he is looking for in the most complete manner.

So Ghadab (i.e. anger) is like a predator, the minute you turn your attention away from it, it will eat you alive.

And Shah`wah (i.e. lowly desires) is like fire, the moment he ignites it, it will begin to burn him alive.

And Kibr (i.e. arrogance) is like arguing with a king about his possession, either he will kill you because of this, or just deprive you of it.

And Hasad (i.e jealousy) is like showing enmity and hatred towards someone who is more powerful than you.

The one who can control his lowly desires and his anger will remove the Shaytan from his midst. And the he whose lowly desires and anger overtakes him deprives himself from the shade and protection of Allah.

Translator: Shadeed Muhammad, Abu Az-Zubayr

taken from Madeenah.com

Aasiyah
by on Sep. 16, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Patience from the Translation of the Meaning of Quran Part 1

Aasiyah

Sep. 21, 2007 at 8:49 PM by Aasiyah
posted to Muslim Moms

Al-Baqarah - 2:45
And seek help in patience and As-Salât (the prayer) and truly it is extremely heavy and hard except for Al-Khâshi'ûn [i.e. the true believers in Allâh - those who obey Allâh with full submission, fear much from His Punishment, and believe in His Promise (Paradise, etc.) and in His Warnings (Hell, etc.)]. (Al-Baqarah 2:45)
[Ibn Katheer | Tabari | Qurtubi]

Al-Baqarah - 2:153
O you who believe! Seek help in patience and As-Salât (the prayer). Truly! Allâh is with As-Sâbirin (the patient ones, etc.). (Al-Baqarah 2:153)

Al-Baqarah - 2:250
And when they advanced to meet Jalût (Goliath) and his forces, they invoked: "Our Lord! Pour forth on us patience, set our feet firm and make us victorious over the disbelieving people." (Al-Baqarah 2:250)

Aali Imran - 3:125
"Yes, if you hold on to patience and piety, and the enemy comes rushing at you; your Lord will help you with five thousand angels having marks (of distinction)." (Aali Imran 3:125)

Al-An'am - 6:34
Verily, (many) Messengers were denied before you (O Muhammad SAW), but with patience they bore the denial, and they were hurt, till Our Help reached them, and none can alter the Words (Decisions) of Allâh. Surely there has reached you the information (news) about the Messengers (before you). (Al-An'am 6:34)

Al-A'raf - 7:126
"And you take vengeance on us only because we believed in the Ayât (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, etc.) of our Lord when they reached us! Our Lord! pour out on us patience, and cause us to die as Muslims." (Al-A'raf 7:126)

Yunus - 10:89
Allâh said: "Verily, the invocation of you both is accepted. So you both keep to the Straight Way (i.e. keep on doing good deeds and preaching Allâh's Message with patience), and follow not the path of those who know not (the truth i.e. to believe in the Oneness of Allâh, and also to believe in the Reward of Allâh: Paradise, etc.)." (Yunus 10:89)

Hud - 11:11
Except those who show patience and do righteous good deeds, those: theirs will be forgiveness and a great reward (Paradise). (Hud 11:11)

Yusuf - 12:18
And they brought his shirt stained with false blood. He said: "Nay, but your ownselves have made up a tale. So (for me) patience is most fitting. And it is Allâh (Alone) Whose help can be sought against that which you assert." (Yusuf 12:18)

Yusuf - 12:83
He [Ya'qûb (Jacob)] said: "Nay, but your ownselves have beguiled you into something. So patience is most fitting (for me). May be Allâh will bring them (back) all to me. Truly He! only He is All-Knowing, All-Wise." (Yusuf 12:83)

Al-Kahf - 18:14
And We made their hearts firm and strong (with the light of Faith in Allâh and bestowed upon them patience to bear the separation of their kith and kin and dwellings, etc.) when they stood up and said: "Our Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth, never shall we call upon any ilâh (god) other than Him; if we did, we should indeed have uttered an enormity in disbelief. (Al-Kahf 18:14)

Al-Kahf - 18:67
He (Khidr) said: "Verily! You will not be able to have patience with me! (Al-Kahf 18:67)

Al-Kahf - 18:68
"And how can you have patience about a thing which you know not?" (Al-Kahf 18:68)

Al-Kahf - 18:72
He (Khidr) said: "Did I not tell you, that you would not be able to have patience with me?" (Al-Kahf 18:72)

Al-Kahf - 18:75
(Khidr) said: "Did I not tell you that you can have no patience with me?" (Al-Kahf 18:75)

Al-Kahf - 18:78
(Khidr) said: "This is the parting between me and you, I will tell you the interpretation of (those) things over which you were unable to hold patience. (Al-Kahf 18:78)

Al-Kahf - 18:82
"And as for the wall, it belonged to two orphan boys in the town; and there was under it a treasure belonging to them; and their father was a righteous man, and your Lord intended that they should attain their age of full strength and take out their treasure as a mercy from your Lord. And I did it not of my own accord. That is the interpretation of those (things) over which you could not hold patience." (Al-Kahf 18:82)

Ra'd - 13:24
"Salâmun 'Alaikum (peace be upon you) for that you persevered in patience! Excellent indeed is the final home!" (Ra'd 13:24)

Ibrahim - 14:12
"And why should we not put our trust in Allâh while He indeed has guided us our ways. And we shall certainly bear with patience all the hurt you may cause us, and in Allâh (Alone) let those who trust, put their trust." (Ibrahim 14:12)
Aasiyah
by on Sep. 16, 2008 at 10:57 AM

Patience Verses from Translation of Meaning Quran Part 2

Aasiyah

Sep. 21, 2007 at 8:51 PM by Aasiyah
posted to Muslim Moms

Ibrahim - 14:21
And they all shall appear before Allâh (on the Day of Resurrection) then the weak will say to those who were arrogant (chiefs): "Verily, we were following you; can you avail us anything from Allâh's Torment?" They will say: "Had Allâh guided us, we would have guided you. It makes no difference to us (now) whether we rage, or bear (these torments) with patience, there is no place of refuge for us." (Ibrahim 14:21)

[
Ibn Katheer | Tabari | Qurtubi]
An-Nahl - 16:127
And endure you patiently (O Muhammad SAW), your patience is not but from Allâh. And grieve not over them (polytheists and pagans, etc.), and be not distressed because of what they plot. (An-Nahl 16:127)

Al-Mu'minun - 23:111
Verily! I have rewarded them this Day for their patience, they are indeed the ones that are successful. (Al-Mu'minun 23:111)

Al-Furqan - 25:20
And We never sent before you (O Muhammad SAW) any of the Messengers but verily, they ate food and walked in the markets. And We have made some of you as a trial for others: will you have patience? And your Lord is Ever All-Seer (of everything). (Al-Furqan 25:20)

Al-Furqan - 25:75
Those will be rewarded with the highest place (in Paradise) because of their patience. Therein they shall be met with greetings and the word of peace and respect. (Al-Furqan 25:75)

Luqman - 31:17
"O my son! Aqim­is­Salât (perform As­Salât), enjoin (people) for Al­Ma'rûf (Islâmic Monotheism and all that is good), and forbid (people) from Al­Munkar (i.e. disbelief in the Oneness of Allâh, polytheism of all kinds and all that is evil and bad), and bear with patience whatever befall you. Verily! These are some of the important commandments ordered by Allâh with no exemption. (Luqman 31:17)

Al-Ahzab - 33:24
That Allâh may reward the men of truth for their truth (i.e. for their patience at the accomplishment of that which they covenanted with Allâh), and punish the hypocrites if He will or accept their repentance by turning to them in Mercy. Verily, Allâh is Oft­Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Al-Ahzab 33:24)

Fussilat - 41:24
Then, if they have patience, yet the Fire will be a home for them, and if they beg for to be excused, yet they are not of those who will ever be excused. (Fussilat 41:24)

Ash-Shura - 42:43
And verily, whosoever shows patience and forgives that would truly be from the things recommended by Allâh. (Ash-Shura 42:43)

Al-Hujurat - 49:5
And if they had patience till you could come out to them, it would have been better for them. And Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Al-Hujurat 49:5)

Qaf - 50:39
So bear with patience (O Muhammad) all that they say, and glorify the Praises of your Lord, before the rising of the sun and before (its) setting (i.e. the Fajr, Zuhr, and 'Asr prayers) . (Qaf 50:39)

Al-Qalam - 68:48
So wait with patience for the Decision of your Lord, and be not like the Companion of the Fish, when he cried out (to Us) while he was in deep sorrow. (See the Qur'ân, Verse 21:87). (Al-Qalam 68:48)

Al-Ma'arij - 70:5
So be patient (O Muhammad SAW ), with a good patience. (Al-Ma'arij 70:5)

Al-Balad - 90:17
Then he became one of those who believed, and recommended one another to perseverance and patience, and (also) recommended one another to pity and compassion. (Al-Balad 90:17)

Al-'Asr - 103:3
Except those who believe (in Islâmic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, and recommend one another to the truth (i.e. order one another to perform all kinds of good deeds (Al-Ma'rûf)which Allâh has ordained, and abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds (Al-Munkar)which Allâh has forbidden), and recommend one another to patience (for the sufferings, harms, and injuries which one may encounter in Allâh's Cause during preaching His religion of Islâmic Monotheism or Jihâd, etc.). (Al-'Asr 103:3)

ummu_moussa
by on Sep. 16, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Awwww sister!  (((Hugs))) to you! I completely agree with Sister Aasiyah, especially about making wudu and praying.  I would also encourage you to read Surah Yusuf and any other Surah that talks at length about the story of Musa (my apologes as I can't think of them off the top of my head right now).  These are stories that were revealed to us which talk about extreme patience and how these amazing men handled adversity!  Honestly, when I read about the people of Musa (Ben e Israel), I think "wow, may Allah have mercy on him, I don't know how he didn't knock each one of them upside the head at times...LOL!!  May Allah make things easier for you and relieve you of your anger and depression....ameen!

Naina.zara
by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 9:05 AM

Jazzak Allah Khair sis Asiyah & sis Ummu, you both are very kind to respond back to me in such warm manner. May Allah bless you both and your family. Ameen ! You're both right, I was so assimilated in my distress that I actually forgot to seek shelter in Allah. Jazzak Allah Khair for this reminder and I will definetely read the story of Yusuf ...

Allah Hafiz.

practicingislam
by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 5:16 PM

asalamu alaikum sis aasiyah wow mash'Allah jazak'Allah khairon for the hard work bow down

Arabic Letters & Numbers(Owner)           Muslim Converts (Admin)                     

Islamic Book Club (Administrator)                     Treat Him Like the King he Is (Admin)

Arab Cuisine (Adminstrator                          Servants of Allah (Admin)                     

Muslim Moms (Group Member)                  SADAQA ~Sisters Helping Sisters Boutique(Admin)

hass6665
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 12:48 AM

Surah Ta Ha also known to cool down anger & soften heart. It was the surah that Saidina Umar (r.a), while in the state of anger, had listened to before he ambraced Islam. 

yellowbird03
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 6:16 PM

Subhan Allah, Al Hamdulillah, Allahu Akbar...

MashAllah♥ La ilaha illAllah ♥

sakeenah35
by on Sep. 19, 2008 at 12:29 PM

Assalamu Alaikum:

I always read Surah Ash-Sharh, sura 94. This surah has really helped me and suratul-Asr is also beautiful, mashallah. Also I say what Prophet Yunus said when he was in the belly of the whale, "LAILLAHA ILLA ANTA SUBHANAKA INNI KHUNTUM MINA ZALIMEEN! It really does help. May Allah make it easy for you sis, those pregnancy hormones sometimes cannot be stopped, lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)