Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

verse of the day, "choosing protection from other than God"

Posted by (Group Admin) on Mar. 23, 2007 at 10:12 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 308 Total Views
VERSE OF THE DAY: A SPIDER'S DWELLING

Bismillahi Ar rahmaan arraheem:

"The parable of those who choose protectors other than God is that of a spider who builds for herself a dwelling; but surely the weakest of all dwellings is (that) of a spider, if they but knew."

The Holy Quran, 29:41
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mamamia69
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 11:05 PM
beautiful..thank you for sharing...may Allah (SWT) be our protector at all times..ameen

salamSmile
maisah
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 11:11 PM
Amen!!!
proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 8:44 AM
assalamu alaikum sister, masha' Allah.. such an inspirational quote,
if you allow me to add one more point that shows a fraction of the greatness of Quran and the vastness of Allah's knowledge.

let start by pointing out that in the Arabic language there is NO "IT" pronoun. even inanimate objects or animals are referred to with using He or she ( animate male/female pronouns)

let me also point out that a 'spider' is always referred to in the masculine. (male pronoun). (HE) in the Arabic language.
 so why did Allah (subhanahu wa ta'aala _the exalted) use the feminine pronoun in referring to the spider in this verse?  recent studies show that the spider that makes the web IS in fact the female spider. not the male, masha' Allah , a scientific fact proved in modern times, was referred to over 1400 years ago in our Quran. praise be it to Allah, thank you muslimah4life, for an inspiring verse and for allowing me to share this with you.. love and salaam

muslimah4life Group Admin
by on Mar. 25, 2007 at 1:05 AM
mashallah. thank you proud2b. I never thought of it like that. this is so amazing. thank you for sharing.  ( you see, this is what we miss when you are not here, momInnocent
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)