Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was so upset at this article

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:18 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 320 Total Views

There is a artical in this paper they distribute in mass for free called the phoenix. Its more for the younger crowd to know whats going on and they have editorials. So specific article three times just attacks this new Masjid that was built in Boston. They don't attack the corrupt churches in the area. These past few weeks they are attacking this specific Masjid. I don't understand why. Here is a link to the article and the articles after it'

http://thephoenix.com/Boston/News/72356-Meninos-mosque/

Without them I would only be half

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ChiTownMoMMi84
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:50 PM

ofcourse they dont attack what the churches are doing... we're not supposed to know about that ;-)  lol. ya i read the article it seems pretty bias, then again it does seem like maybe this community of Muslims has to get more organized & united before they start making promises to the city -- it makes Muslims look bad & gives writers like this an open shot at attacking us.  Insha Allah everything works out & God's plan is greater then we may think

pregnancy calendar

sierra_617
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 7:12 AM

the masjid has just been open since October so they really do need to get on the ball but  I think they maybe should get some time because they just opened for prayer

Quoting ChiTownMoMMi84:

ofcourse they dont attack what the churches are doing... we're not supposed to know about that ;-)  lol. ya i read the article it seems pretty bias, then again it does seem like maybe this community of Muslims has to get more organized & united before they start making promises to the city -- it makes Muslims look bad & gives writers like this an open shot at attacking us.  Insha Allah everything works out & God's plan is greater then we may think

WLNL0507
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 8:50 AM

I'm also in the Boston muslim community (for 8 years now)and used to be very active in it. Although it is disheartening to see something bad said against our beloved Masjids, the article isn't totally false.  The community is definitley split and no unity. The Egyptians/Middle eastern frequent the new mosque and the Old ISB (Islamic Society of Boston) and the Quincy mosque. And while they do offer Outreach and such to new Muslims, it is very limited and you get more of a stare down when you enter rather than a warm welcome.

AfricanAmericans attend the masjids in Dorchester and Roxbury (not the new Masjid, another one) I believe. Somalians have a masjid in Jamaica Plain I believe it is. And the Moroccans broke off from the ISB and created their own programs in Revere and Chelsea. Oh, and don't forget when it's Ramadan time and each Mosque has their own start date and Eid day.......It's really really sad. 

InshaAllah they will all find a way to come together especially in a time when it is most needed.

firaerty
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 9:02 AM

Quoting WLNL0507:

I'm also in the Boston muslim community (for 8 years now)and used to be very active in it. Although it is disheartening to see something bad said against our beloved Masjids, the article isn't totally false.  The community is definitley split and no unity. The Egyptians/Middle eastern frequent the new mosque and the Old ISB (Islamic Society of Boston) and the Quincy mosque. And while they do offer Outreach and such to new Muslims, it is very limited and you get more of a stare down when you enter rather than a warm welcome.

AfricanAmericans attend the masjids in Dorchester and Roxbury (not the new Masjid, another one) I believe. Somalians have a masjid in Jamaica Plain I believe it is. And the Moroccans broke off from the ISB and created their own programs in Revere and Chelsea. Oh, and don't forget when it's Ramadan time and each Mosque has their own start date and Eid day.......It's really really sad. 

InshaAllah they will all find a way to come together especially in a time when it is most needed.

This is truly very sad.  Unfortunately it happens in many communities.  in Orange county, CA we have two very large masjids alhamdurillah and they are within 2 miles of each other.  Unfortunately one is populated by 95% arabs and the other is 95% indo-pak.   I always found this to be unfortunate since if the muslim community were more united in many cities they would be able to have more influence and get further in our common goals.

Muslim Converts Speak - Group Admin. 
http://www.cafemom.com/group/muslimconverts

Children with Special Needs - Group Admin.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/hollywoodspecialneeds

sierra_617
by on Dec. 18, 2008 at 10:10 AM

I got warmly welcomed in the new roxbury one but i go primarily to the one in cambridge. More diverse. Not all things are false but as a Boston resident I have seen the same  christian church corruption in the black american community and it bothers me more so they attack a masjid and not  some christian churches.

Quoting WLNL0507:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)