Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just Something Funny

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:39 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 218 Total Views

Asalam Alaikum;

I have been lurking for awhile - I have been trying to cut down my computer time - I just wanted to share something that happened last week with you.  Maybe a smile for the day.  I was in another city (much bigger than where I am from) and I was shopping with my SIL - she is 5'11" and red haired, and very obviously white, and perhaps less obviously Christian, as that is pretty hard to tell on looks.  We do look strangely alike, so other people have mistaken us for sisters in the past.  That may play into the story.  So there we are in a Gap, me beside her, hijab on, and I am looking through the racks.  The saleslady comes up to my SIL and asks her if she is from Lebanon.  Well, my SIL, expecting to be asked if she needed any help, was confused to say the least, and said "Pardon me?".  The saleslady (in a hijab herself, because by this time I have looked over to see what is going on) repeated the question, and my SIL says, no, I am from here.  At this point the saleslady was totally confused and gestured over at me and said "well, I thought . . .the scarf . . ." and then she took off to the other side of the store, at what could only be described as a trot.  Not only do people now give a new heritage to me, apparently any bystanders with me are also potential targets.  I have been laughing about this since then.  Hope you have a great day.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
muslimah4life Group Admin
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 9:49 AM

ha ha ha

stereo typing in reverse.. ha ha ha ; your SIl at least got some taste of what you go through. may be the poor woman was from Lebanon and was excited to see someone from her country?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)