Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was humbled today......

Posted by (Group Owner) on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:41 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 333 Total Views

assalamu alaikum sisters,

today we went for Juma'a prayer. and while listening to the  khutba, an elderly lady comes in.. struggling to sit on the floor. there were only two chairs in the women's section. they were occupied. ( ashamed to say that I was sitting on one of them.. because of my back problems, I can't sit on the floor for extended periods of time) any way.. as I saw the sister struggling to sit, I immediately left to go get her a more comfortable chair from one of the class rooms. I came back and found her praying tahiyyat almasjid ( the two rak'as for greeting the masjid) so I put the chair were she was sitting and went back to sit in my place in the corner.

with amazement I watched this elderly woman struggle as she prostrated, struggle as she knelt.. it took her while to get to the floor and then back up again.. I felt so insignificant ..sometime when my back pain gets too much, I pray sitting down. but looking at her. praying like that in spite of all her pain.. I was driven to tears.. Masha Allah, what a strong Muslimah, 

when she was done. she was happy to find a chair to sit in.. and I was humbled to see her dedication. masha' Allah.

just thought I would share.

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
maisah
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 1:21 AM

As salaamu 3laykum,

Alhumdulilah... May Allah bless her and make her stonger, Amen, May He make her pain easyer and an exbiation of sins.... insh'Allah may He accept all of her Salaat and answer all of her Duas.....Amen....

May Allah increase all of our Iman and keep us on the straight path...Ameen

What a touching story... TY for sharing

sakeenah35
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Assalamu Alaikum:

Mashallah, what a touching story. May Allah make it easy for her, Ameen!

Jazakallahu Khairan for sharing with us!hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)