Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Helpful Hints

Posted by (Group Admin) on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:37 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 303 Total Views

Salam alai kum

I was at my local Dollar store the other day and saw this pad that is used to kneel on in the garden and I bought one for another reason and that is to use in my bathroom to kneel on when I clean my bathtub  .  It really helped me I always had to use a towel and that meant more washing.

Do any of you other sisters have hints for cleaning , cooking etc.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 4:12 AM

Assalamu alaikum sister,

you just reminded of a similar post we've had going for a while. thank you for bringing this up again. it was a really fun post. I am looking forward to reading other sister's tips and hints.

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

devotedwifemom
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 12:48 AM

The walls get dirty so fast with little hand prints of this and that.  I basically take a bucket and fill it with warm water & pinesol.  Then I use an old kitchen towel to sweep the walls.  It's the easiest way I have found so far.

I also own a steam cleaner for the carpet.  There are some accidents that I don't want to let set into the carpet.  The steam cleaner gets a lot of the stain out & odor.

I buy inexpensive rugs for the living room.  It saves a lot of wear & tear on the carpet.  The rugs can be thrown out when they get too old but it's a lot more difficult to replace carpet.

I spend the extra dollar on the organic cleaners when I KNOW I am going to use them in the spray form.  Anything else will make me sick & my kids sick as well.

I keep 2 sets of sheets & pillow cases.  I just alternate them weekly & instead of having to wash sheets once a week it's twice a week.  This also comes in handy if my kids spoil their beding in the middle of the night-I have some extra that I can use for them & get back to sleep sooner.

For my childrens beding I wanted toddler blankets that were 100% cotton.  I looked in all the usual places but found polyester mostly.  I ended up going to TJ Maxx & Marshals & purchasing the cotton throws for like 20 bucks each.  They were just the right size, very nice quality...

I always keep Neosporin cream & ointment in the house.  I apply it immediately to small scraps & bruises.

I purchase all natural toothpaste that adults & children can use.  Kids can have a pea size amount & it works great masha'Allah.

I make an effort to play Qur'an for the kids every morning so they have a good start to their day insha'Allah.

Hanifah

CShah
by on Apr. 10, 2009 at 12:12 PM

tAssalamo Alaikom Wr Wb

To clean throw rugs or any carpet that has gum..i use a little gas...it gets them nice and clean...removes all gooey things that are stuck...then i sprinkle soap powder or detergent on them....and scrub away....just hang them in the sun and the gassy smell will go away....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)