Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

your easiest, quickest, or most delicious recipies for Ramadan. do share : )

Posted by   + Show Post

Assalamu alaikum sisters,

with Ramadan fast approaching. how about we share our best, easiest, quickest, or most delicious recipes. in this month of worship. we should focus more on the worship than the cooking. but you gotta cook. right? 

I am in the process of preparing a few things before Ramadan. when I do a little every day before Ramadan. and freeze. it saves me a lot of time of preparation during the month of Ramadan and more time to worship insha' Allah.

so please. share with us. if you had learned new recipies, short cuts. or just delicios dishes that you MUST make during this wonderful month.

bakingbarbecuingeating happy

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

by on Aug. 1, 2009 at 11:35 AM
Replies (11-20):
Aasiyah
by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Quoting ummu_moussa:

That looks yummy also..i think i will try it..quick and easy for sure.. but i wanted to comment on the bowl..

Girl that is one PUERTORICAN BOWL.  LOL.. every puerto rican i know owns that bowl. LOLOLOL.. hehehe

practicingislam
by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 12:21 AM

asalamu alaikum LOL im not puerto rican but i love these dishes, and the salad bowls and serving utensils made the same way LOVE THEM , sister ummmousa is a sweet heart, i believe shes spanish , i met her she and i live near each other, what a beautiful sister and her family

Quoting Aasiyah:

Quoting ummu_moussa:

That looks yummy also..i think i will try it..quick and easy for sure.. but i wanted to comment on the bowl..

Girl that is one PUERTORICAN BOWL.  LOL.. every puerto rican i know owns that bowl. LOLOLOL.. hehehe

AzIzAzIzA
by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 10:37 AM

OK SISTER...whats ur qatayif recipe.  Each year I make them-and each year they taste different.  I need a good one that will not change (lol). 

Quoting muslimah4life:

salamo alikom.

I will be leaving for the states tomorrow; inshallah; once I get settled I will start preparing the Qatayif  and sumboosak.

I usually get the spring rolls and stuff them with meat make triangles, then freeze them; and fry them before iftar;

my husband has to have lentil soup; so I cook that in bulk too :)

zanzeebeel
by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Quoting ummu_moussa:

Now that looks really good mashallah, why is it that my food never looks good ? If i made the same recipe and put it in a similiar dish, it just wouldnt look that good !!!!!!!!!!!!

No amount of , primping , decorating , pretty containers seem to have an effect,  LOL

But i'm gonna try and see, perhaps this time, inshallah lol.

ummu_moussa
by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 12:09 PM

ROFL!!!!!  Girl, you know I got the whole set in different sizes!!  LOL!

Quoting Aasiyah:

Quoting ummu_moussa:

ummu_moussa
by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Awww...sister, you're so sweet!  Thank you!  By the way, we must get together again!!!

hugs

Quoting practicingislam:

asalamu alaikum LOL im not puerto rican but i love these dishes, and the salad bowls and serving utensils made the same way LOVE THEM , sister ummmousa is a sweet heart, i believe shes spanish , i met her she and i live near each other, what a beautiful sister and her family

Quoting Aasiyah:

Quoting ummu_moussa:

zanzeebeel
by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 1:59 PM

I only really have one recipe i OWN , those who know me know my food producing methods are slightly lacking in depth and delivery. But this is a recipe i got out of a newspaper years ago and ran with it so its well past, the trial and error stage. I just love quiche, but my pastry making ability is pathetic, and not for the want of trying, I really did have ambitions to be a wonderful cook that never materialised. so this is a cheating alternative.

The original recipe WAS, ---- just so you know lol

Base :---- 4 pieces of loaf bread as bread crumbs , 1 fl oz, natural unsweetened yogurt, and seasoning,

Filling : ----- 4 eggs, 5fl oz  (140 ml ) natural unsweetened yogurt , 4 oz of cheddar cheese 6oz of tomatoes, seasoning.

Well i dont really follow recipes much , lol thats why things probably go wrong lol, so I increase the breadcrumbs and just dollop in enough yogurt with the salt and peper to create a doughy like mixture. you could add a flavouring if you liked , if i got a fresh herb i zap it up with the breadcrumbs. This makes a dough which you can push into a dish to form a base, which comes out a bit like a stodgy pastry but it tastes nice,

Then for the topping i actually wop it up to 7 eggs and a full  170 gram yogurt , less a spoonful for the base. And i vary the filling a lot, its useful for using up left over veggies, You can add herbs to the eggs when you zap them to give herby flavours, Its one of those dishes that lends its self to playing about with, Sometimes i miss out the cheese cos I like an eggy flavour too. !!!!!!!!

Bake it in an oven on moderate for about 40 to 45 mins, (adjust for your cooker), till done.

And it tastes delicious , inshallah, its not going to get you any cordon bleu points , but its highly edible, and the bottem i actually prefer to real pastry, although purists in the cooking department might find it lacking lol,lol,lol,     Quick easy and satisfying       ENJOY !!!!!!!

I have another great recipe which i will leave for later inshallah.

ImAishah
by on Aug. 3, 2009 at 5:21 PM

As'Salamalaykum

My family likes me to make homemade bananna, spice, and pumpkin breads just for breaking the fast.  The following is super easy to make and is a very traditional bananna bread recipe.

Bananna Bread :  bake at 350 degrees

3-4 ripe banannas

1/3 cup butter

dash salt

1 tsp baking soda

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 1/2 cups flour

~ImAishah

hass6665
by on Aug. 4, 2009 at 12:32 AM

I v e got my pack of dates already -

bump

I'll try to share recipes if I ve any later.....

zanzeebeel
by on Aug. 6, 2009 at 1:54 AM

This is a recipe, that if you try it youre very likely to be doing it again and again. You get a lot of appreciation for very little effort , and it tastes GOOD. Its really great for those buffet moments when you get allocated a sweet, and once delivered you might always get put down on the sweet list lol,lol,lol,

Lemon pie, a family recipe ((( well whats a secret between friends - well as long as its only a recipe !!!!!! LOL )))

The base.  12 digestive biscuits and 3oz of butter

The top.       7 tablespoons of lemon juice , lemon rind (( i omit this !!!!)), 1/4 pint of cream, and a large tin of condensed milk (390 gms )

1/4 pint = 5 fl ozs = around 142 ml

As already said I play with quanties lol, so liking a thick base I increase the biscuits and use just enough butter to hold it together when pressed into the bottem of the tin

The topping is easy you just mix everything together , i use a mixer, but i have done it by hand, If you beat the cream till more solid first it seems to increase the volume. Then just pile onto the base and put it the fridge. Now here comes the hard part !!!!!!!!!!!! Leave it at least overnight !!!!!!!! For some reason it is one of those dishes the longer it is left the better it tastes ((( within reason of course, but i doubt you will have to worry abut how long does it last !!!!! )))

The secret is in the acicity of the lemon,,, it makes the mixture set, and i have been told that you can substitute other acidic fruit and get the same result, (((like raspberries - although i never considered them that acidic, so am hesitant to try )))   . But i have just bought the ingredients to make it , and some frozen strawberries , and i was going to try and make a strawberry version, by keeping some of the lemon juice in the mix, trial and error as they say LOL. So inshallah if it works well I'll let you know. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN