Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Repenting and seeking forgiveness

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2009 at 3:02 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 303 Total Views
2 moms liked this

Asalam alaikum

today I was thinking about the subject of sincere repentance and seeking forgiveness, and i just wanted to share these hadith with you,

The Book Pertaining to the Remembrance of Allah, Supplication, Repentance and Seeking Forgiveness (Kitab Al-Dhikr) [035:6471] 

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, thus stated: I am near to the thought of My servant as he thinks about Me, and I am with him as he remembers Me. And if he remembers Me in his heart, I also remember him in My Heart, and if he remembers Me in assembly I remember him in assembly, better than his (remembrance), and if he draws near Me by the span of a palm, I draw near him by the cubit, and if he draws near Me by the cubit I draw near him by the space (covered by) two hands. And if he walks towards Me, I rush towards him

muslim

and from riyad us saliheen

1878.  Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "Allah, the Exalted, has said: `O son of Adam! I shall go on forgiving you so long as you pray to Me and aspire for My forgiveness whatever may be your sins. O son of Adam! I do not care even if your sins should pile up to the sky and should you beg pardon of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam! If you come to Me with an earthful of sins and meet Me, not associating anything with Me in worship, I will certainly grant you as much pardon as will fill the earth.'''
[At-Tirmidhi].

1875.  Shaddad bin Aus (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "The best supplication for seeking forgiveness (Syed-ul-Istighfar) is to say: `Allahumma Anta Rabbi, la ilaha illa Anta, khalaqtani wa ana `abduka, wa ana `ala `ahdika wa wa`dika mastata`tu, a`udhu bika min sharri ma sana`tu, abu'u laka bini`matika `alayya, wa abu'u bidhanbi faghfir li, fa innahu la yaghfirudh-dhunuba illa Anta. (O Allah! You are my Rubb. There is no true god except You. You have created me, and I am Your slave, and I hold to Your Covenant as far as I can. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I have done. I acknowledge the favours that You have bestowed upon me, and I confess my sins. Pardon me, for none but You has the power to pardon).' He who supplicates in these terms during the day with firm belief in it and dies on the same day (before the evening), he will be one of the dwellers of Jannah; and if anyone supplicates in these terms during the night with firm belief in it and dies before the morning, he will be one of the dwellers of Jannah.''
[Al-Bukhari].

by on Aug. 6, 2009 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
muslimah4life Group Admin
by on Aug. 6, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Salamo alikom

Jizaakillah kheir for these Ahadeeth reminders; May Allah forgive us our sins and accept out repentance

Ameen

ImAishah
by on Aug. 7, 2009 at 12:31 AM

Wa'Alaykum salam sister,

Jazak Allah for these.  They are strong reminders that hearts  find rest in Allah if we seek His favor and guidance.  If we remember Allah, He will remember us.  Alhamdulellah.

~ImAishah

sakeenah35
by on Aug. 7, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Assalamu alaikum:

Barakallahu Feekum sis. May Allah forgive us, Ameen!

proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:21 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)