Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hijabs....

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:09 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 253 Total Views

Is it me, or are they being made smaller and smaller?  I remember when I first became muslim (almost 9 years ago), the "normal" size were good size and able to cover my chest area. Seems the ones I have been getting recently, barely cover my neck........

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
practicingislam
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:31 PM

asalamu alaikum sis yesssssssssssssssssss indeed now they are so fashionable that its being marketed for beauty fashion instead of modesty fashion, dont get me wrong i loveeeeeeeeee alot of them but they dont cover all the necessity areas , insh'Allah i plan to start making my own i just need to wait til my hubby gets a job and insh'Allah imma buy alot of fabric and start sewing again.........

sakeenah35
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:03 PM

Assalamu Alaikum:

This is so true...the ones they show me for me, my younger daughter can wear and sometimes its too small for her...lol! Its about modesty...not so much fashion! I would rather be covered and not fashionable then not covered and fashionable...subhanallah!

isra1986
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I have only been wearing hijab for 5 years, but I really don't notice. I have most of the same ones from 5 years ago that I still wear! And I make my own or my mom makes them for me :)

ramadan mubarak

WLNL0507
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:01 PM

I love the designs on alot of them as well.....just not the size of them :o(  Maybe this is my que to learn how to make my own, lol. 

Quoting practicingislam:

asalamu alaikum sis yesssssssssssssssssss indeed now they are so fashionable that its being marketed for beauty fashion instead of modesty fashion, dont get me wrong i loveeeeeeeeee alot of them but they dont cover all the necessity areas , insh'Allah i plan to start making my own i just need to wait til my hubby gets a job and insh'Allah imma buy alot of fabric and start sewing again.........

Aasiyah
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:09 PM

As salamu alaikum...

I've  notice that they are making them narrower and more see through and more glittery, flowery and "trendy".  I've recieved many gifts that i can't wear because they are either too small, to see through or too something. LOL..and they call it islamic fashion. 

proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:57 PM

assalamu alaikum sisters,

I get my hijabs when I go  to Jordan for a visit. and I always make a point of complaining about it to the store owners, that they should still provide hijabs for those of us who actually WANT to COVER.

alhamdulilaah, I have always been lucky enough to find long wide ones. with no sparkles, or glitters lol. definitely not see through. some of them are of lighter materials so I wear an under piece and wrap it twice. and so it does not show my neck or hair line through it. alhamdulilah.

I am sure they still sell the big ones, you just have to look extra hard. let me look around the net and see if I can find some larger ones. insha' Allah.

I have some square ones that you can make into a triangle and let fall in front or wrap lightly  over your shoulder while covering the breast area. I would love to send any of you one or two if you like. just pm me. sorry I dont'  have many rectangular sheilahs to spare. the ones I have to spare are the shorter thinner ones I got as gifts.

I love you all for the sake of Allah and leave you in his trusted care.

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)