Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fasting question

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:35 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 232 Total Views

I am having a unique problem that I have not had in my 5 previous years of fasting! I think I am pregnant and I haven't tested yet, but I have been feeling like I want to have morning sickness (Same with DD, it was morning nausea before the actual morning sickness came) and costantly tired.

If I do actaully get sick, do that break my fast in the morning?

ramadan mubarak

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:39 PM

assalamu alaikum sister, and congratulations on your good news. may it be a healthy pregnancy, easy and safe delivery and a healthy baby. Ameen.

to answer your question. NO. morning sickness and involuntary vomiting does not break your fast. voluntary vomiting though does. ( ie, sticking your finger in your throat forcing yourself to throw up)

you are in my dua

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

isra1986
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Thanks sister Proud! I don't know for sure yet, but all signs are pointing to yes! I need to get a test, but no car :(

Quoting proud2bmom3:

assalamu alaikum sister, and congratulations on your good news. may it be a healthy pregnancy, easy and safe delivery and a healthy baby. Ameen.

to answer your question. NO. morning sickness and involuntary vomiting does not break your fast. voluntary vomiting though does. ( ie, sticking your finger in your throat forcing yourself to throw up)

you are in my dua

ramadan mubarak

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)