Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you letting Ramadan pass you by? take advantage of the month.

Posted by (Group Owner) on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:15 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 653 Total Views

Assalamu alaikum sisters,

it is very sad how Ramadan to some Muslims is just a time for hunger and thirst, and then binging on all types of food. how it is a time for special TV serieses, talk shows, night life. they stay up at night , eating, and drinking, and smoking and visiting. and all day sleeping. 

or the Muslims who just go about their day as if nothing changed but fasting. they still watch the same movies and listen to the same music, staying up at night watching TV. eating, and drinking. and just doing nothing more special but fasting. trying to lose weight, and may be read some Quran.

Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him said that there is no one more of a loser , than those who witness the month of RAmadan and don't take advantage of it. 

here is an article, beautiful article, that I came across this morning. while trying to research the hadiths for this topic. and subhana Allah it said all that I wanted to say, and much much more. may it be of benefit to you sisters for it surely was a wake up call for me. may the reminder benefit the believer. and may we be of the ones redeemed this blessed Ramadan Ameen.

if I speak in error then it is from me, may Allah forgive me , and guide us all  to what blesses him Ameen.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>>

What the believer should do is to make the most of special occasions and worship his Lord a great deal at those times. One of the greatest of these occasions is the month of Ramadaan. 

How great are the acts of worship that a Muslim does in Ramadaan, which bring a great reward. 

Ramadaan is the month of fasting, praying at night, reading Qur’aan, remembering Allaah (dhikr), making du’a’, doing ‘umrah, giving iftar to those who are fasting, giving charity, and being kind and generous to the needy. It is the month of i’tikaaf and turning away from this world and turning to Allaah, and striving in worship. 

The virtues of Ramadaan are too many to name, and too well-known to need to be mentioned here. 

Every night in Ramadaan Allaah has those whom He ransoms from the Fire. In it the gates of Paradise are opened and the gates of Hell are shut, and the devils are chained up.  There are many means of forgiveness in this month, such as fasting, qiyaam al-layl and spending the night of Laylat al-Qadr in prayer. The one who is truly deprived is the one who is deprived of the goodness of this month, and the one who is truly a loser is the one who has not been forgiven by the end of this month.  

If a person is not forgiven in Ramadaan, when will he be forgiven?! 

If he does not turn to Allaah in Ramadaan, when will he turn to Him?! 

Hence the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “May his nose be rubbed in the dust, a man for whom Ramadaan comes and then goes before he is forgiven.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3545; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi. 

If he does not make the most of his time and fill it with worship of Allaah in this month, when will he do that?! 

In Ramadaan the Muslim moves from one act of worship to another, from prayer to reading Qur’aan to reciting tasbeeh and tahleel, from offering iftar to those who are fasting to praying qiyaam al-layl and tahajjud to repentance  and praying for forgiveness in the moments before dawn… etc. 

When can a believer find time to waste in this blessed month? By Allaah, if time could be bought the wise man would spend all he has to buy it. Time is a person’s life and will certainly come to an end. Some people spend their lives obeying Allaah and some spend their lives obeying the Shaytaan and their own whims and desires. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) indeed spoke the truth when he said: “Every person is striving for himself and selling his soul, so he will ransom himself or doom himself.” Narrated by Muslim, 223. 

What this means is that every person is striving; some of them strive for the sake of Allaah by worshipping and obeying Him, so they save themselves from punishment, and some strive for the Shaytaan by following their own whims and desires, so they are doomed. This was the view of al-Nawawi. 

Why is Ramadaan singled out for soap operas and other programming offered by TV channels, so that for many people Ramadaan has become a month of soccer, TV shows and staying up late etc? 

These people are negligent of the reason why Allaah enjoined fasting in the month of Ramadaan, which is so that people may attain taqwa (piety) as He says (interpretation of the meaning): 

“O you who believe! Observing As-Sawm (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious)”

[al-Baqarah 2:183] 

What do they know about taqwa, which means obeying Allaah and refraining from that which Allaah has forbidden? 

The believer should be wise and firm with himself, he should not follow his whims and desires lest he regret it at the time when regret will be to no avail. 

May his nose be rubbed in the dust, the man who wastes his time in Ramadaan with idle leisure and nights spent doing things other than worshipping Allaah, until Ramadaan ends and he has only increased in sin and being far away from Allaah. 

We ask Allaah to set the affairs of the Muslims straight and to bring them back to their religion.  May He cause us to live until Ramadaan comes and help us to obey Him and worship Him properly, and accept our worship from us, for He is Ever Near and Ever Responsive.

Islam Q&A

<><><><><><><><>

I have to share the Arabic version of this as it is so beautiful for those mamas who read Arabic.

الحمد لله

الذي ينبغي للمؤمن أن يغتنم مواسم الخيرات ويكثر من طاعة ربه سبحانه وتعالى ،

ومن أعظم هذه المواسم شهر رمضان .

وما أكثر الطاعات التي يفعلها المسلم في رمضان ، ويزيد ثوابها ويتضاعف .

فرمضان هو شهر الصيام والقيام وقراءة القرآن والذكر والدعاء والعمرة وتفطير الصائم والصدقة والجود والعطف على المساكين . شهر الاعتكاف والانقطاع عن الخلق والإقبال على الله والاجتهاد في العبادة .

فضائله أكثر من أن تحصى ، وأشهر من أن تذكر .

لله تعالى فيه كل ليلة عتقاء من النار ، تفتح فيه أبواب الجنة ، وتغلق أبواب النار ، وتسلسل فيه الشياطين ، أسباب مغفرة الذنوب فيه كثيرة من الصيام والقيام وقيام ليلة القدر ، فالمحروم حقيقة من حرم خير هذا الشهر ، والخاسر حقيقة من انقضى هذا الشهر ولم يغفر له ، وإذا لم يغفر له في رمضان فمتى يغفر له !!

وإذا لم يقبل على الله في رمضان فمتى يقبل على الله ؟!

ولهذا قال النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم : ( رَغِمَ أَنْفُ رَجُلٍ دَخَلَ عَلَيْهِ رَمَضَانُ ثُمَّ انْسَلَخَ قَبْلَ أَنْ يُغْفَرَ لَهُ ) . رواه الترمذي (3545) وصححه الألباني في صحيح الترمذي .

وإذا لم يغتنم أوقاته ويعمرها بطاعة الله في هذا الشهر فمتى يغتنمها ؟!

المسلم فيه يتنقل من طاعة إلى طاعة ، ومن عبادة إلى أخرى ، من صلاة إلى قراءة قرآن إلى تسبيح وتهليل ، إلى تفطير صائم إلى قيام ليل وتهجد إلى توبة واستغفار بالأسحار ..الخ

فمتى يجد المؤمن وقتا في هذا الشهر المبارك ليضيعه ، فو الله لو أن الأوقات تباع لأنفق العقلاء في شرائها كل نفيس ، فالوقت هو حياة الإنسان وعمره وله نهاية لا محالة ، فمن الناس من ينفق عمره في طاعة الله ومنهم من ينفقه في طاعة شيطانه هواه ، وصدق الرسول صلى الله عليه وسلم حيث قال : ( كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ) رواه مسلم (223)

"ومَعْنَاهُ كُلّ إِنْسَان يَسْعَى بِنَفْسِهِ فَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ يَبِيعهَا لِلَّهِ تَعَالَى بِطَاعَتِهِ فَيُعْتِقهَا مِنْ الْعَذَاب , وَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ يَبِيعهَا لِلشَّيْطَانِ وَالْهَوَى بِاتِّبَاعِهِمَا فَيُوبِقهَا أَيْ يُهْلِكهَا" قاله النووي .

وهذه الألعاب أقل ما يقال فيها بالنسبة لهذا الشهر : أنها من تضييع الوقت ، وليس شيء أغلى عند الإنسان من وقته فهو عمره وحياته .

قال الشاعر :

والوقت أنفس ما عنيت بحفظه وأراه أسهل ما عليك يضيع!

ثم لماذا يختص شهر رمضان بهذه الألعاب لماذا لا تكون في شعبان أو رجب أو شوال ؟

ولماذا يختص رمضان بالمسلسلات وغيرها مما تستعد به القنوات ، حتى رسخ في أذهان كثير من الناس أن رمضان هو شهر الكرة وشهر المسلسلات ، وشهر السهرات .....إلخ .

وغاب هؤلاء عن الحكمة التي أرادها الله تعالى من فرضه لصيام شهر رمضان ألا وهي تقوى الله ( يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمُ الصِّيَامُ كَمَا كُتِبَ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ ) البقرة/183 .

فأين هؤلاء من التقوى وهي العمل بطاعة الله ، والكف عما حرم الله .

فعلى المؤمن أن يكون عاقلا حازما مع نفسه ولا يتبع نفسه هواها وإلا ندم حين لا ينفع الندم .

فرغم أنف امرئ أضاع رمضان ما بين لعب ولهو وسهرات في غير طاعة الله حتى انقضى رمضان ولم يزدد من الله إلا إثما وبعدا .

فرغم أنفه ثم رغم أنفه ثم رغم أنفه .

نسأل الله تعالى أن يصلح أحوال المسلمين ، ويردهم إلى دينهم ردا جميلا ، وأن يبلغنا رمضان ويعيننا على طاعته وحسن عبادته ويتقبل منا إنه قريب مجيب .

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aasiyah
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:37 PM

As salamu alaikum wa rahmatuallhi wa barakatu,

Subhan allah this is a wonderful reminder. 

zanzeebeel
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:27 PM
Jazaka Allahu khairan -- another beneficial posting,
practicingislam
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:24 PM

wa'alaykum asalam love jazak'Allah khairon subhan'Allah what a GREAT!!!!! reminder

practicingislam
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 1:48 AM

asalamu alaikum dear proud i just wanted to say jazak'Allah khairon again for the reminders mash'Allah today it was such great encouragement for me

muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 6:36 PM

mashaAllah great article rich with tips, may Allah help each of us utilize them by applying them. jazakAllah kheir proud..

love,

muhajjirah

DearbornMomof4
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Ramadan has been passing me by. I have recently become a mom of 4 on June 6th. And adjusting...like going to the grocery store is the super hard now...cleaning hours a day...whenever I get a free moment I just want to breathe. I have been listening to Islamic Music, Reading the Quran not nearly enough, and praying the obligatory prayers but I need to pray more, read more and feel more. This reminds me.

muslimmom
by on Aug. 30, 2009 at 1:38 PM

Thanks for posting this  great encouragement for me

jasaka la hirun

salam

AishaTP
by on Aug. 31, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Assalam Alaikum My Dear Sister,

Thank you so very much for these special words of encouragement. It served as a good reminder for me as I am continuously striving to make the most of this most blessed month, InshAllah.

Allah Hafiz,

Aisha

yellowbird03
by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Jazaaki Allahu Khairan for this much needed post. MashaAllah!

May Allah increase our Iman, acts of Worship, good deeds, & Pardon us from the fire, Amin.

May Allah accept our deeds & grant us full reward for them in this life & in the hereafter, Amin!

Love you all for the Sake of Allah♥

practicingislam
by on Sep. 3, 2009 at 3:41 PM

ASALAMU ALAIKUM SIS AMEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNN

Quoting yellowbird03:

Jazaaki Allahu Khairan for this much needed post. MashaAllah!

May Allah increase our Iman, acts of Worship, good deeds, & Pardon us from the fire, Amin.

May Allah accept our deeds & grant us full reward for them in this life & in the hereafter, Amin!

Love you all for the Sake of Allah♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)