Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When presenting your Photo for online viewing.

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:09 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 254 Total Views

Here are several ways to help protect your photo from being stolen. ONE is to re-size it for Internet and to put a watermark on it!

For resizing go to Image and then Size You should go 600x pixels wide by whatever is the aspect ratio. Also after that set your resolution to 300.

Before you publish it to the web for viewing always put a watermark on it as well.

Remember to sharpen after you re size.

NEVER PUT YOUR FULL FILES online people are more likely to steal your work that way!

IF YOU PUT  a low resolution file online they cant print it or it will look pixalated!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
crystalahale
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:41 PM

For posting to these boards, due to layout size, I recommend 500px wide for landscape shots, 350px wide for vertical. :)

crystalahale
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:18 PM

This watermark tutorial might be useful in this thread :)

It's pretty easy to make watermarks. Just start in your editing program with a new file, about 1200 pixels wide, transparent background. Create your watermark as you like, with the marquee tools, type tools, or whatever. Flatten your image, then select the area you want to be your watermark. Go to the Edit menu and choose Define Brush Preset. Name your brush!

When you want to use your watermark (resize your image for web first), create a new layer, choose your brush tool, scroll down to the bottom of the brush menu and find your custom brush, adjust the size until it looks good on your image, stamp it on there, and adjust the opacity of your layer if you want, then flatten and sharpen as usual!

Dani41780
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Thank you Crystal your insite is very much appreciated...

YOUR RIGHT about the sizes :D Thanks.

Quoting crystalahale:

This watermark tutorial might be useful in this thread :)

It's pretty easy to make watermarks. Just start in your editing program with a new file, about 1200 pixels wide, transparent background. Create your watermark as you like, with the marquee tools, type tools, or whatever. Flatten your image, then select the area you want to be your watermark. Go to the Edit menu and choose Define Brush Preset. Name your brush!

When you want to use your watermark (resize your image for web first), create a new layer, choose your brush tool, scroll down to the bottom of the brush menu and find your custom brush, adjust the size until it looks good on your image, stamp it on there, and adjust the opacity of your layer if you want, then flatten and sharpen as usual!

Danielle

Mom to Kylei, 10-18-02, Kaden 10-10-04, Korey 10-17-06 & Korbin 10-30-08

I'm a Christian, PRO LIFE, Breast-feeding, Delay vaccinating, Baby wearing, Co-sleeping, Natural Birthing Mommy!

Want to be a PRO PHOTOGRAPHER? FOLLOW ME TO MY GROUP!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/97051/

Dani41780. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

twinmommypoe
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 5:59 PM

do you recommend having an allover watermark or just on the bottom or along the side?

Dani41780
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Whatever you feel comfortable with :D

Quoting twinmommypoe:

do you recommend having an allover watermark or just on the bottom or along the side?

Danielle

Mom to Kylei, 10-18-02, Kaden 10-10-04, Korey 10-17-06 & Korbin 10-30-08

I'm a Christian, PRO LIFE, Breast-feeding, Delay vaccinating, Baby wearing, Co-sleeping, Natural Birthing Mommy!

Want to be a PRO PHOTOGRAPHER? FOLLOW ME TO MY GROUP!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/97051/

Dani41780. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)