Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please leave cc and be critical....

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:36 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 223 Total Views

I'm trying to constantly improve and my dh said he loves the pics but the poses are more like walmart poses... so can you please leave cc and be critical, tell me what I could do differently to make them better... thank you

iso 200  1/125  f5.6  55 mm

nana and jake 1-27-09 by you.

jacob 3 1-27-09 by you.

iso 200 1.125 f 5.3 42mm

nana and jake  2 1-27-09 by you.

jacob roses 1-27-09 by you.

Yes this is my cat !

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Dani41780
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Hi.. :D there are a few things that I see that I think are more distracting and not technical :D.

In #1 I think you should have brought the boy forward some he seems lost behind the lady.

Secondly why is his shirt like 5x to big? I think it really distracting having his sleeves rolled up like that on the sides.

Also its very wrinkly.

His eyes need to pop more I would dodge them and sharpen them up.

The last is cute, but to dark and grainy.

I like your use of textures just a few things that I feel like you should work on.

Danielle

Mom to Kylei, 10-18-02, Kaden 10-10-04, Korey 10-17-06 & Korbin 10-30-08

I'm a Christian, PRO LIFE, Breast-feeding, Delay vaccinating, Baby wearing, Co-sleeping, Natural Birthing Mommy!

Want to be a PRO PHOTOGRAPHER? FOLLOW ME TO MY GROUP!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/97051/

Dani41780. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

rhpudgey3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:01 PM
I was going for the daddies shirt and tie thing... but after you said that I looked and your right... Maybe with a short sleeve shirt it would have been better.... thank you....I really am wanting them picked apart cuz like my lovely dh pointed out I don't want to look like a walmart photographer If you want to call them that... lol

Yes this is my cat !

Dani41780
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:05 PM

See now that look can work, but I think if he was sitting alone and on a big (daddy like chair) Or inside a suitcase. And maybe not scrunch up the sleeves so much

Keep sharing you will be amazed how much you learn and grow :D.

Quoting rhpudgey3:

I was going for the daddies shirt and tie thing... but after you said that I looked and your right... Maybe with a short sleeve shirt it would have been better.... thank you....I really am wanting them picked apart cuz like my lovely dh pointed out I don't want to look like a walmart photographer If you want to call them that... lol

Danielle

Mom to Kylei, 10-18-02, Kaden 10-10-04, Korey 10-17-06 & Korbin 10-30-08

I'm a Christian, PRO LIFE, Breast-feeding, Delay vaccinating, Baby wearing, Co-sleeping, Natural Birthing Mommy!

Want to be a PRO PHOTOGRAPHER? FOLLOW ME TO MY GROUP!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/97051/

Dani41780. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

crystalahale
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:17 PM

The main detraction here, for me, is the use of flash. You've got a hard shadow because of a direct flash at close range. This is hard advice to follow sometimes, I know, but you're not going to get pro-quality shots unless you use a bounced and/or diffused flash or stick to natural light (or studio lights, of course).

As for posing, in the first, I think you need to get their faces closer together. My instinct would be to have the boy wrap his arms around the woman from behind. A good way to avoid the walmart look, with kids, is to avoid the "cheese" face. Get them busy doing something, like in #s 3 and 4.

Your settings look good! I think if you work on the lighting issue, you're going to be very happy with your results.

rhpudgey3
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Quoting crystalahale:

The main detraction here, for me, is the use of flash. You've got a hard shadow because of a direct flash at close range. This is hard advice to follow sometimes, I know, but you're not going to get pro-quality shots unless you use a bounced and/or diffused flash or stick to natural light (or studio lights, of course).

As for posing, in the first, I think you need to get their faces closer together. My instinct would be to have the boy wrap his arms around the woman from behind. A good way to avoid the walmart look, with kids, is to avoid the "cheese" face. Get them busy doing something, like in #s 3 and 4.

Your settings look good! I think if you work on the lighting issue, you're going to be very happy with your results.

thanklyou...I really appriciate all the cc

Yes this is my cat !

42jc
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 8:35 PM

I agree with the above mentioned cc but I am also wondering if you cloned something out off the picture from around his ears.  They don't look as clean of an edge as the rest of the picture. 

Jessica Carroll Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
rhpudgey3
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Quoting 42jc:

I agree with the above mentioned cc but I am also wondering if you cloned something out off the picture from around his ears.  They don't look as clean of an edge as the rest of the picture. 

yes I did !   He had a shadow behind his ears from being so close to the backdrop. Dang momma you got a good eye!

Yes this is my cat !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)