Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Watermark tutorial

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:16 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 278 Total Views

Hi ladies!

I was contacted by one of the members about how to make watermarks for her online photos. I thought I would copy my reply here in case anyone else was wondering the same thing!

It's pretty easy to make watermarks. Just start in your editing program with a new file, about 1200 pixels wide, transparent background. Create your watermark as you like, with the marquee tools, type tools, or whatever. Flatten your image, then select the area you want to be your watermark. Go to the Edit menu and choose Define Brush Preset. Name your brush!

When you want to use your watermark (resize your image for web first), create a new layer, choose your brush tool, scroll down to the bottom of the brush menu and find your custom brush, adjust the size until it looks good on your image, stamp it on there, and adjust the opacity of your layer if you want, then flatten and sharpen as usual!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Case07
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:26 PM

ok you say to resize the image for the web.. how do you do that? i never resize my pics i just use them as is. and put them on flicker and thento here. i m such a retard when it comes to editing stuff.

pregnancy
Dani41780
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:48 PM

YOU always want to resize for the net. IF you don't people can steal your full files, if you resize and they try to print it any bigger then lets say a walet it will look pixalated.

Quoting Case07:

ok you say to resize the image for the web.. how do you do that? i never resize my pics i just use them as is. and put them on flicker and thento here. i m such a retard when it comes to editing stuff.

Danielle

Mom to Kylei, 10-18-02, Kaden 10-10-04, Korey 10-17-06 & Korbin 10-30-08

I'm a Christian, PRO LIFE, Breast-feeding, Delay vaccinating, Baby wearing, Co-sleeping, Natural Birthing Mommy!

Want to be a PRO PHOTOGRAPHER? FOLLOW ME TO MY GROUP!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/97051/

Dani41780. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

Case07
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:06 PM

i understand that but you didnt explain HOW  to resize. ive never done it and dont know how.

Quoting Dani41780:

YOU always want to resize for the net. IF you don't people can steal your full files, if you resize and they try to print it any bigger then lets say a walet it will look pixalated.

Quoting Case07:

pregnancy
Dani41780
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:24 PM

which program do you use?

Quoting Case07:

i understand that but you didnt explain HOW  to resize. ive never done it and dont know how.

Quoting Dani41780:

Quoting Case07:

Danielle

Mom to Kylei, 10-18-02, Kaden 10-10-04, Korey 10-17-06 & Korbin 10-30-08

I'm a Christian, PRO LIFE, Breast-feeding, Delay vaccinating, Baby wearing, Co-sleeping, Natural Birthing Mommy!

Want to be a PRO PHOTOGRAPHER? FOLLOW ME TO MY GROUP!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/97051/

Dani41780. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

crystalahale
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 8:23 AM

You go to Edit > Image Size > first, set to 72 pixels-per-inch, then enter 500 for width if you have a horizontal image or 350 for width if you have a vertical image. The height field will adjust itself.

Case07
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:22 AM

thank you! that was all i needed.

Quoting crystalahale:

You go to Edit > Image Size > first, set to 72 pixels-per-inch, then enter 500 for width if you have a horizontal image or 350 for width if you have a vertical image. The height field will adjust itself.

pregnancy
Coltons_Mommie
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 6:17 PM

Thanks for this!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)