Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Camera choice

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:36 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 223 Total Views

Hi ladies, I am going to upgrade my camera.  I'm ambivalent in my decision.  I am looking at Nikon D80, D90, or D300.  I am still a beginner, but I want a camera I can move into so that I don't have to upgrade again in 2 yrs.  Any suggestions?  I like what the D90 offers but I don't need or particullary want the video option.  Or should I scrap Nikon and find my way over to Canon.  I primarily want to do portraits.

Thanks,

Anna

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning people say "oh no, she's up!" 

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
DarlaP
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM

I have the D300 and love it.  It handles noise really well and is better than the D80.  I've heard great things about the D90 as well so I suppose it is really up to you.  As far as Canon and Nikon, it just depends on which feels better in your hands because they are both great cameras.  I do think that Canon lenses tend to be a little cheaper to buy though.

Fuette
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 3:04 AM

If you can afford the D300, do it.  I have the D90 and love it, but my dream camera is the D300.

dawnharvey68
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 2:23 PM

If you can save for the D300, wait to do so.  It is likely the D400 will come along before too long, and it will end up going down in price.

It will obviously be replaced in due course, but it is so good you are unlikely to want to replace it for many years to come, unless, maybe one day, a full frame becomes available at a similar price range.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)