Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the group and camera suggestions...

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:12 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 274 Total Views

Hello All,

I am new to the group and a beginner photographer.  I did a fair amount of photography in college but then I had kids and just went to point and shoot.  I remember some stuff that I did with my 35mm but not much.  I currently have a point and shoot (sony 7.2 cybershot).  I like it for running around but I really want to upgrade to a DSLR so I can expand on my photography skills and hopefully take them to the next level.  Can anyone recommend a nice camera that would get me started? 

Thanks and I hope to learn tons from this group!

Jen

Ps. here are few of my twins that I have taken with my point and shoot...be nice please!

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
janellet
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Your boys are so handsome! look forward to seeing more of your pictures.

annettenikole
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:53 PM

oh, they are sweet!  love the photos!

For camera suggestions, I did alot of research when I got mine and you should really look at canon and nikon... they are the top brands on the market!  As for specific cameras, it depends on your budget (if I had more to spend, I would have!)  But it also depends on how you like the camera set up... I was going to get a nikon, but once I played with the canons I just loved them, so I ended up with an XSi.

crystalahale
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:42 PM

I'm a Nikonian, so I'd recommend the D80 as a great starter, personally. It's fully functional with lenses and whatnot, but not insanely expensive. I don't really know how Nikons and Canons compare, so I can't say what is Canon's equivalent, but I have heard good things about both the XSi and the 40D.

Fuette
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 2:55 AM

I'm all for Nikon's, the D80 or D90 would be perfect.  They are the "middle grade" cameras, anything under the D80 and you may want to upgrade in 6 months.

denafaye
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 3:00 AM

Im a Canon girl! I have the Rebel XT and love it but hopeully I can get the 40D soon. Just research them and all there accessories and see which is best for you.

Dena Vineyard Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)