• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

B-flower suggestions

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:38 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 180 Total Views

what are the best settings to have to take really good flower pictures??  I got roses and lilies for valentines day from my hubby and I want to get some really good pics.  I'm trying to play around with the settings, but it just isn't working for me, nothing comes out.  :(  If I can get some help, I will take some pics tomorrow and post them for you to CC.  :)

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
annettenikole
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:53 PM

it depends on what you want, how you set them up in my mind I think... I'd say start with a low apature so that you'll get a blurred background and meter the shutter speed to that.  Just make sure you use a tripod if the shutter goes to low.  Then you can move the apature up and see how it effects it, and what you like :-)  I think trial and error is key in most things :-)

crystalahale
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:24 PM

First, make sure you're right in front of a window or something so you get as much light as possible! Then choose your widest aperture, to start, and lowest ISO, meter against the flower and adjust your SS for the correct exposure, and shoot! Tripod if your SS has to be set below 1/60 or so. From that point you can experiment with narrower apertures for a different effect, keeping in mind that you will need a slower SS to get the same amount of light!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)