Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bad feelings about kids

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 9:59 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 192 Total Views
If you wish, please take this moment to share your bad feelings/experiences you might have had towards your kids during PPD.

I believe this might help others see themselves in it, find support in it, and overall be a postive exercise.

Mine follows:
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
deslauriers
by on Apr. 14, 2007 at 10:04 PM
The night before I called my doctor my husband and I were watching a video of our baby and there was a wierd sound on it.  My husband said (deep breath now...   "that's the poltergesit entering his body."

I freaked out.  It brought out the feelings of disattatchment I had been having and I had to be alone with my son.  I pictured him turning into something horrible.  Of saying something like "mommy, I want to kill you!" and choking me to death.  But I couldn't tell my husband because I ws ashamed (now I know better) I didn't want to touch him, and the only thing that saved me from crying every time I looked at him was being able to make my dr's appt the next day online and talking to my aunt all night long.  I also had to remind myself LOGICALLY what was happening and that no matter what I though happened to my son, I would always love him....it just made sense at the time

I didn't want him.  I pictured myself leaving him and my husband.  I would get chest pains when I breastfed and just lay around, and take it all out on my husband when he got home.  After zoloft and finding the right therapist ,I am better now, and learning how to deal.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)