Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 5 year old son

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:42 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 270 Total Views

He has been really ornry lately and talking back.  Any advice?

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Iamgr8teful
by Member on Sep. 11, 2009 at 11:26 PM

I have an almost 5 year old.  I think they are going to talk back some, but you have to decide what you consider to be disrespectful.  Most of the time I try to ignore the talking back, but if she sticks out her tongue and makes the "raspberry" sound when I ask her to stop doing something, I might send her for bedroom time.  It depends on the attitude behind it.  HTH.

TBandNCmommy
by on Sep. 12, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Quoting Iamgr8teful:

I have an almost 5 year old.  I think they are going to talk back some, but you have to decide what you consider to be disrespectful.  Most of the time I try to ignore the talking back, but if she sticks out her tongue and makes the "raspberry" sound when I ask her to stop doing something, I might send her for bedroom time.  It depends on the attitude behind it.  HTH.

He thinks he is funny and when I tell him to knock it off, he just repeats what I say, so maybe I should just not respond.  It is just sometime he interupts me when he is in trouble, and doesn't really listen.  I should add that he is ADHD.  But we are dealing with that through diet.  I just don't want to be a push over, even though I don't think I am.

wymom
by New Member on Sep. 12, 2009 at 9:40 AM
He thinks he is funny and when I tell him to knock it off, he just repeats what I say, so maybe I should just not respond.  It is just sometime he interupts me when he is in trouble, and doesn't really listen.  I should add that he is ADHD.  But we are dealing with that through diet.  I just don't want to be a push over, even though I don't think I am.

Personally, it would bedroom time for me if he interrupted while he was already in trouble. Otherwise, ignoring and/or leaving the room might work well. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)