Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cake Recipes

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:49 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 909 Total Views

OK Ladies here is my first idea which I am actually borrowing from another one of my cake groups!!

Post your favorite cake recipes here and I will create a sticky post for them so they will only be a click away for us when we need them and that way we won't have to wait for someone to come on and answer our post for help!!!!

You are still welcome to ask~however, if they are all in one spot it may make life a little easier!!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MsEmsMom110
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 12:46 AM

I use box mixes but I alter them. Instead of water I use milk and I add a package of instant pudding per cake mix. For white cake, I add 2 extra egg whites and all other flavors I use 1 extra egg. On chocolate cake I add about 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder and all others about the same about of sifted floor. If someone wants orange flavor I use squeezed orange juice instead of mik or water to white cake and some orange food color or icing color. If they want other fruit flavors I grind up 1/2 cup to a cup of that fruit and add to the white cake mix.

michellina124
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 9:05 PM

omg this cake and frosting rules all I have ever made!!!!  It is so moist if you follow the instructions exactly.

MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE     

2 c. sugar
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. soda
Dash salt
1/2 c. cocoa
1/2 c. salad oil
1 c. boiling water
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together, putting eggs and milk in last. Cocoa can be dissolved in boiling water before adding. Batter is very runny. Put in one 9 x 13 or two 8 inch pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until done.

FLUFFY CHOCOLATE FROSTING     

1 stick softened butter
2/3 cup unsweetened DARK cocoa powderA
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/3+ cup whole milk
1 tablespoon vanilla or
2 tsp favorite extract
1/4 tsp salt

Mix butter, cocoa powder, and sugar in medium mixing bowl. Slowly add milk and extract. Add more milk a tablespoon at a time until desired texture and volume is reached.

RicanGeisha
by on Mar. 20, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Pomegranate Green Tea Cupcakes
12 cupcakes / 350 degree oven

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 tablespoons green tea (matcha) powder
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds

1. Beat butter on high until soft, about 30 seconds.
2. Add sugar. Beat on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. Add egg/egg yolk one at a time, beat for 30 seconds between each.
4. Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and matcha in a bowl.
5. Add about a third of the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar and beat to combine. Add about a half of the milk and beat to combine. Continue adding, alternating between dry and wet and finishing with the dry.
6. Fold in pomegranate seeds.
7. Scoop into cupcake cups about 2/3s full. Bake for 22-25 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.

MsEmsMom110
by on May. 4, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)