Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fondant Recipes

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:49 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 1149 Total Views

OK Ladies here is my first idea which I am actually borrowing from another one of my cake groups!!

Post your favorite fondant recipes here and I will create a sticky post for them so they will only be a click away for us when we need them and that way we won't have to wait for someone to come on and answer our post for help!!!!

You are still welcome to ask~however, if they are all in one spot it may make life a little easier!!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
michiganmom116
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Easy Marshmallow Fondant

16 oz. marshmallows

2 Tbsp. water

1 tsp. clear vanilla extract

1 tsp. butter flavoring (I'm won't use this if I want white fondant since this turned the fondant a pale yellow)

2 lb. powdered sugar

Grease a large microwave safe mixing bowl.  Put marshmallows, water and flavorings in.  Microwave for 1 minutes.  Stir.  Microwave for another 30 seconds if needed.  Repeat as needed until mixture is smooth.  Use dough hook(s) in stand mixer.  Put powdered sugar in mixer bowl and add marshmallow mixture.  Mix with mixer as much as you'd like, then turn out onto surface dusted with powdered sugar (some people grease the surface and their hands).  I added the color here since I was doing more than one color.  I just pulled off as much as I'd need and added color to the different bunches of fondant.  Knead in the color, adding more powdered sugar as necessary to prevent sticking.  Let rest before using.

MsEmsMom110
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 12:41 AM

I do what she said, but instead of greasing my surface and hands I dust with corn starch. My fondant never comes out right when I grease my hands and surface. I don't grease my bowl either. Its a lot sticker that way at first but it comes together better for me. 

MistyGatlin
by on Dec. 6, 2009 at 9:54 PM

Mine is pretty similar.

16 oz mini marshmallows
3/4 bag confectioners sugar
2 T water
1 tsp vanilla

coat microwavable bowl with shortning, add marshmallows, water and vanilla and heat 30 seconds at a time stirring in between (usually takes me 2 min total)

Then I have an extra large bowl coated with shortning and sugar.  I make a well in the sugar and pour the marshmallow mixture (oh I also am using a spoon coated with shortning)

Mix together until it looks like I'm not accomplishing much anymore.  coat hands with shortning and start kneeding.  Kneed until it gets the right consistency.

When I roll my fondant, I use corn starch not shortning.  It gives me a much better outcome.  I do wrap shortning coated plastic wrap around the fondant and place it in a zip loc bag getting all air out.  I find it works best if I let it set for a couple of hours before I use it.

MsEmsMom110
by on Feb. 27, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Thats pretty much what it is. You just mix it up like it says in the replies above, roll it out or shape it, put it over your cake and eat up.

Quoting VTgirl65:

confusedI'm unsure what fondant is, but it sounds like a sweet, edible playdough.  Does anyone know of a good website to learn how to make/use fondant?  Thank you, Sue

MsEmsMom110
by on May. 5, 2011 at 11:09 AM

The MMF tastes way better than the Wilton and for me, is easier to work with. I like that you can CHOOSE what flavor its going to be by just adding something else instead of vanilla.

Quoting ChristineCMC:

I use pretty much the same as everyone else.   It is very sweet and 100% better tasting than the Wilton.  

splendidbaby
by on May. 15, 2011 at 12:26 AM

I will have to try this!  I am looking for a cheaper fondant recipe.  Thanks!

Quoting michiganmom116:

Easy Marshmallow Fondant

16 oz. marshmallows

2 Tbsp. water

1 tsp. clear vanilla extract

1 tsp. butter flavoring (I'm won't use this if I want white fondant since this turned the fondant a pale yellow)

2 lb. powdered sugar

Grease a large microwave safe mixing bowl.  Put marshmallows, water and flavorings in.  Microwave for 1 minutes.  Stir.  Microwave for another 30 seconds if needed.  Repeat as needed until mixture is smooth.  Use dough hook(s) in stand mixer.  Put powdered sugar in mixer bowl and add marshmallow mixture.  Mix with mixer as much as you'd like, then turn out onto surface dusted with powdered sugar (some people grease the surface and their hands).  I added the color here since I was doing more than one color.  I just pulled off as much as I'd need and added color to the different bunches of fondant.  Knead in the color, adding more powdered sugar as necessary to prevent sticking.  Let rest before using.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)