Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Football helmet rice krispie treats

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 11:14 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 1962 Total Views

I made these for my husband and our friend's birthday.  My hubby's a Cowboys fan and our friend's a Colts fan.  I just threw them together quickly, not even planning ahead on making these.  I think if I would have planned them out more, and had more time to work on molding them and decorating (I didn't even have appropriate icing) that they would have been much better.  Anyway, they were fun so I'm just posting to give ideas to those that are more creative.  ;o)

Heather

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
luvmy4and1
by Group Owner on Nov. 14, 2009 at 7:36 AM

Those are cool!!

I tried to make hands and legs for an M & M man cake that I made and couldn't get the krispies to work with me!!  I gave up and he was just a body!!

any tips you can give for making the krispies easy to work with and mold?????  That would be super!!!

happy1mom
by on Nov. 14, 2009 at 9:43 AM

Those are super cute!

I use the treats that come in sheets.  Homemade just doesn't work for me.   I find that if I cover them with plastic wrap and pound them as flat as I can, they make for a better base for fondant covering.  The squashing helps to fill in all the nooks and crannies so the surface/fondant will be nice and smooth.  I use buttercream in between the treats and fondant. 

>>>>>TheCookieJunkie<<<<<

Come on over and check us out!

HeatherW
by on Nov. 14, 2009 at 11:06 AM

I used homemade and just added a little more marshmallow so the cereal stuck together better and it was easier to mold.  I also let them sit in the fridge to harden up a bit...

Heather

luvmy4and1
by Group Owner on Nov. 15, 2009 at 6:52 PM

Thanks for the tips ladies~I will definately try again but hopefully with your tricks I can actually make it work this time!! :)

MsEmsMom110
by on Nov. 24, 2009 at 2:00 AM

I use pre-made and squash them too.

Quoting happy1mom:

Those are super cute!

I use the treats that come in sheets.  Homemade just doesn't work for me.   I find that if I cover them with plastic wrap and pound them as flat as I can, they make for a better base for fondant covering.  The squashing helps to fill in all the nooks and crannies so the surface/fondant will be nice and smooth.  I use buttercream in between the treats and fondant. 

New cakes added all the time. Click my siggy to see them!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)