Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Info Quick PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:28 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 249 Total Views

Okay I'm doing as cake for my lil sister 8th bday and i need to know if i put fondant in the frige over night will it harden enough to hold the shape i need it too?

I'm starting the cake on friday the party is sat

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Jemoiselle
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:31 AM

I think you will be fine doing this, just keep the special pieces chilled as long as you can before assembling and serving. I am by NO means the resident expert here by the way, lol, but I have made my share of cakes. Fondant holds firm all too well, sometimes hehe, as is the case for me always rushing to get it done last minute and it's too hard still to roll!

Good luck!

Jessie

happy1mom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:06 AM

I never refridgerate fondant.  It always sweats when I remove it.  The cake will hold up just fine if left out on the counter top, and it's easier to repair any blowouts if they happen.  Also easier for final smoothing if needed.  That's the way I've always handled it.  I guess it depends on your fridge.  

Good luck!  Don't forget to share pics of your cake with us!  :)

>>>>>TheCookieJunkie<<<<<

Come on over and check us out!

PassionateMom
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:53 AM

I have never put fondant in the fridge.  If you leave it overnight, it will firm up enough to hold the shape of what you want.  If you refridgerate it, you run the risk of it getting TOO hard to roll out or it sweating and being too sticky. 

MsEmsMom110
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:54 AM

I never chill mine. Any pieces that I need to be stiff I make ahead of time and prop them on the counter so that they will hold shape, sometimes I use foil to crumpled and make a support for it to lean on if I need to. Do it a few days in advance and it will dry and harden to hold shape. Then you can use a little bit of water or clear vanilla with a brush to "glue" the pieces where you need them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)