Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduce Yourselves

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:50 PM
  • 164 Replies
  • 3157 Total Views
Hello everybody!! It is no nice to see how this group has grown!!  Everybody introduce yourselves, tell us about your cake secorating experiences or questions.  Post any photos that you may have also!!

by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyCakez
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:56 PM

Hi ladies! I'm Megan and I'm 23 y/o.  I recently just finished Wilton 1 & 2.  Before that I taught myself.  I love decorating, something about it is just so peaceful.  Right now I do cakes for friends and family with hopes of having my own bakery some day!

coolmawmy
by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 10:57 AM
Hey all!  My name is Brandi, I just turned 26 and have one child who just turned 2.  I have been married for almost 4 years now.  I am self taught, wish I had the time to go to the classes.  I to am just doing cakes for friends and family and wish to have my own bakery some day soon.  I am also a contract baker and make cobblers for a local restaurant.  Can't wait to get to know you all!!
Aimee3
by on Aug. 18, 2007 at 12:27 AM
Hi I'm Aimee. I'm  33 and just started getting into decorating cakes myself.  I might need some advise along the way.

Life is a Beach!  I WISH!
renee1129
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 11:57 PM
Hi, just when I thought I would have to create my own cake decorating/design group...here you guys are! I am looking forward to discussing and sharing. I thank you in advance for your warm welcomes.
I am Renee'. I am a mother of one, happily married and a former teacher turned SAHM...my hobbies include (in what little spare time I have) working on a manuscript for a novel I hope to one day be published...trying to stay positive about that :(...reading crime fiction,thriller novels, blogging, making money from home with MY POWER MALL, and of course my favorite-cake decorating.

Renee'
FL

zacnmariesmom
by on Sep. 2, 2007 at 9:27 PM

Hi Ladies, My name is Zuleny. I'm a 30 y/o single mom of 2 children ages 4 and 11. And I live in Boston..

Yellwbutterfly
by on Sep. 7, 2007 at 6:20 PM
Hello~  Im Andrea,
Im new to the CafeMom site and I have a one year old, I work full time for Whole Foods Market here in Sacramento.  I just recently started cake decorating and Im currently enrolled into the Wilton Cake Class #1.  Im excited for these classes!

alwaysworrying
by on Sep. 11, 2007 at 3:32 PM

Hi, my name is Jennifer, and i am a mother of one 21/2 year old, and i just recently became a sahm, and before that i worked at a bakery for 7 years, decorating pastrys, cookies, and cakes, and i am thinking about starting to make them for people out of my home, i am pretty new to tiered stuff and fondant

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

ExtraEvents
by on Sep. 24, 2007 at 7:27 PM
Hi,
I'm Sarah & I have a daughter who just turned 1. I took the Wilton 1 Course, and also the Fondant & Gum Paste course, all so that I could bake this Storybook & Castle Cake for my daughters B-day that I had seen on the Wilton website. It turned out better than I could have ever expected, and not only was it pretty, BUT, It tasted great too!!!!! (Can you tell I'm a little proud of myself for this cake?!) I had a lot of fun in the classes, and also making the cake (it took me 3 days!) So I hope to expand my cake decorating skills and knowledge into a really fun hobby, and a way to make each of my daughters birthdays more special by baking her a beautiful homemade cake!
BECKI143
by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 7:25 PM
Ello. my name is Becki. I love cake decoratIng. I bake every chance I get.. I have 1 daughter. But my hubby and I have 31 nieces and nephews between us. So you can see I bake a lot.  You can see some of my creations on my profile page. Here is 1 of my favs.

wendyb28
by on Sep. 27, 2007 at 10:17 PM
Hi ladies, my name is Wendy, I have a 11 month old lil girl, Abigail, and happily married for 3 years.  I've always loved baking and in the past few years I've started doing the cake decorating thing too.  I've taken Wilton 1 so far, haven't really had time for the rest of them yet.  Right now I'm gearing up for my daughter's 1st birthday and practicing the cake for it!  Hope to chat with ya'll later on!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)