Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need fondant/gumpaste help ASAP!!!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:37 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 273 Total Views
i'm trying to suspend shapes in the air simular to this: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1416723
my fondant wouldn't set so I mixed fandant with gumpaste and I got a really great workable product. but now my problem is that i can't get the wires to work. they are sturdy enough but they won't stay. i tried inserting them in the middle but when they were stood up the shapes would slide right down the wire. I tried heating the wire and pushing them into the back but when dried and stood up they would just fall off after a few minutes. it tried pushing the wire in the back and molding the fondant around adn again would just slide down. what am I doing wrong? is there an easier/ better way to do this? please help ASAP!!! THANKS!!!!
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
luckymommax7
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 9:22 AM

When you make your items you need to insert the wire where you want it and then let them lay on the counter and dry.   Once they have had a chance to harden you shouldn't have any problem with them staying where you want them.  Just remember you don't want the items that you are using to be so thin that the wire is showing in the back because then you run the risk of breakage.  Also when you put your items in the cake you should insert some type of small straw like a coffee stirrer or something depending on how many wires you have.  Then insert your wire into the straws that way you don't have to worry about the wires moving around and ruining the cake and icing job.  HTH any other questions just pm me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)