Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 yr old mumbling

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2009 at 8:50 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 1437 Total Views

is it common for my 2 year old to mumble?  he has a pretty good vocabulary, repeats new words, combines words, etc.  Lately he has been  very soft spoken and mumbling a lot especially in group setting and with new people, i can't tell what he's saying half the time because he's mumbling and talking quietly.  He will not mumble when he's super excited about something.   It's been going on for only 2 months or so he never did this before.

by on Apr. 29, 2009 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
AngieKaye1
by Group Owner on May. 1, 2009 at 7:03 PM
It could be a phase you're child's going through. To make sure, I would get a Sound Chart which reviews the speech and sound behaviors of children from 0-5 years old. This way, if your child doesn't do one of these behaviors you can then have something to base your concern.

Here's a link to the Sound Charts. They are only $3.00. Send an email request for however many charts you want, and they'll send you a link to purchase the charts. They should be at your house within 4-5 days.

http://speakwithmebooks.web.officelive.com/speechchart.aspx

Email: speakwithmebooks@gmail.com

Once you review the behaviors, let us know if he doesn't meet any of the requirements.

Angela Holzer, MA
Speak With Me Books
www.speakwithmebooks.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)