Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Party supplies

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:22 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 620 Total Views

If you would like to help out another mom and send her some party supplies or if you need some party supplies please post here.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CAJSE
by on Feb. 7, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Im looking for Bob The Builder party stuff. If you have anything extra laying around I will take it.

Thank you

lia7704
by New Member on Feb. 10, 2009 at 12:07 PM

I'd like to have dolphin theme stuff.

Thanks!

She also likes kittens or other sea life.  Either would be great!

Quoting tretresmom:

If you would like to help out another mom and send her some party supplies or if you need some party supplies please post here.

JULIAA
by on Feb. 18, 2009 at 9:17 AM

does any one have any dora hats,baloons,blowers that they dont need.I just need about 4 of each.Thanks

tretresmom
by Group Owner on Feb. 18, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Does anyone have any rubber ducky party things they no longer need? 

McClurgmama2
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 10:47 AM

Quoting tretresmom:

Does anyone have any rubber ducky party things they no longer need? 

when do you need them by?i will have a few things after Aven's party on sunday.also a good idea is to make a duck shaped pinata.that is what im doing for his party to save some $.it is super cheap and realy easy to do.you just need two balloons for the head and body and lots of news paper and the mix is just flour and water.it only takes about 3 or 4 days to make it.then just paint it yellow.mine is almost done.i'll have to post some pics of the finished pinata.here is where im at so far with it.

tretresmom
by Group Owner on Mar. 9, 2009 at 11:13 AM

I am planning his party for March 21.  I am so not crafty enough to make a pinata  LOL 

McClurgmama2
by on Mar. 10, 2009 at 11:44 PM

oh,i would try and send some of his stuff after his party but i dont think it would get to you in time because i wouldnt even have any shipping $ until the 18th.but i do have some great party ideas i got from another mom i can share with you.there are some neat game ideas.so heres everything she sent me.its pretty long so you can go ahead and delete it or move it or what ever after youve read it.

It woulc be cute to have a Rubber Ducky cake.  It could be as simple as making a sheet cake and placing new, clean mini duckies on it. 

And a Rubber Ducky center peice.  Find a metal tub (they're cheap)...fill it with cotton stuffing (like for pillows) then put a whole lot of different size duckies in it (adding extra cotton or the silver or translucent shredded ribbion for bubbles).  Add a few balloons to the handles and place it in the center of your main table

you could do punch or something in a punch bowl and put rubber duckies in it so they would float on top of it. i did that at a friend's baby shower

Quoting justinsmom731:

Here are some ideas I found for you on-line and

If you need personalized party favors check out http://www.4kidzpartyz.com/ All cafe mom's get a 15% discount

Decorations

This first birthday party is an excellent theme to have outdoors, with lots of water, inflatable pools, tubs, etc. But you can also create a great bathtub atmosphere if the party is indoors.

Your color scheme should be yellow, orange, blue and white (for water). This includes balloons, streamers, etc. You can also put up, hang, and disperse clear balloons all around the party area so that it looks like it's overflowing with bubbles.

On the floor, walls, and on the path leading to the party area you can tape duck feet. Click on the duck feet for an enlarged image you can print and then trace onto yellow paper.

You can also make all kinds of signs saying "duck crossing" wherever there are footprints.

The tablecloths can be of any color from the color scheme. For example blue tablecloths with yellow plates or the opposite. With plates, you can also alternate between colors, for instance white and yellow. You can do the same with cups, napkins, cutlery, etc.

Take real rubber duckies and put them all around the party area as well as on tables, chairs, etc. For table centerpieces put rubber duckies and hang some helium balloons on them. You can also put each rubber ducky in little aluminum buckets to resemble old-fashioned bathtubs.

Duck Ice Cream: Take one large scoop of ice cream and put it in a cupcake liner (yellow ice cream such as banana or lemon is best). Then take a smaller scoop of ice cream and put on top. Use two chocolate chips for the eyes and two almond slivers to make the beak. Freeze until ready to serve.

Ideas for Rubber Ducky First Birthday Party Food:

This rubber ducky cookie cutter is great for creating lots of duck-shaped foods for your first birthday party. For instance, duck-shaped sandwiches, duck-shaped cheese, duck-shaped Jell-O, duck-shaped hamburgers. You can have a complete duck-shaped first birthday party buffet.

Oh, and of course it IS a "cookie" cutter, so how about making duck-shaped cookies. Just frost them yellow and put chocolate chips for the eyes.

More duck-themed first birthday party food ideas can include:

*"Quakers": Basically any type of crackers :-), whether it be animal quackers, quackers and cheese, etc.

*Duck feed: For this you can fill little aluminum pails with any type of dry cereal, nuts, etc. The kids'll gobble this down! (don't forget to make signs on the pails saying "duck feed").

Rubber Ducky First Birthday Party Drinks:

Put lots of soda cans and bottles in a baby's plastic washtub, cover with ice and sprinkle rubber duckies.

*Duck Pond Punch: For this drink you can use any kind of blue punch. Remember to have clean rubber duckies floating in it! And, you can also float clean plastic leaves and flowers to resemble lily pads. For a nice aqua color, mix blue color-changing Cherry Kool-aid with Sprite and toss a few dollops of lime sherbet just before serving.

*Yellow Ducky Drink: In other words. lemonade. You can also add the fluorescent Gatorade to intensify the yellow color.

Activities:

*Duck Hunt I : This is a fun rubber ducky first birthday party outdoor activity. Use the Pinata for this game or take a large piece of cardboard and cut it into the shape of a duck. Color and decorate it and hang it from a tree. Have the kids prepare water balloons and see who can "hunt" the hanging duck from a designated distance. You can also hang individual duckies from a tree using string and have the kids try to hit them.

*Duck Hunt II: Hide rubber duckies around your party area and have a first birthday party duck hunt with all sorts of clues and hints to help each group advance from one duck to the other. The prize for the winning team - they get to keep the rubber ducks.

*Rubber, Rubber, Ducky: This is a different name for the classic kid's game of "Duck, Duck, Goose". You can play this with kids and adults together - even with babies sitting on their parents' laps. Have everyone sit in a circle and someone starts walking around the outside of the circle and taps each person's head and each time says "Rubber". After awhile that person needs to choose the "Goose" (which is changed to "Ducky"). Once he taps someone and says "Ducky", that person needs to get up and chase the tapper around the circle. The tapper's goal is to sit in the place where the "Ducky" got up from. If the "Ducky" tags the tapper, they go back to where they were sitting and the tapper continues on. If the "Ducky" doesn't catch the tapper and the tapper was able to sit down, that person then becomes the tapper. Don't forget to have everyone wearing their shower caps for added fun.

*Rubber Ducky Tub Game: This is a simple first birthday party game babies will love. The point of the game is to toss rubber duckies into the tub. You can use an inflatable baby pool or some kind of tub and fill it up with water. If you don't have any of these (or if you don't want to use water) you can decorate a cardboard box to look like a tub by putting blue saran wrap or paper from the inside (add white foam balls for bubbles ). Let each youngster (with help from adults if needed) toss their rubber ducky into the tub. It's very simple first birthday party game, yet highly enjoyable! If you want this to be harder for older children, challenge them to throw rings around the floating rubber duckies. Another cute thing you can do is put different colored dots on the bottom of each rubber duck. Then each kid can choose a rubber duck from the floating tub, turn it over, say the color and then choose a prize from the matching colored bag.

*Pin the Ducky.: With this variation of Pin the Tail. you can get very creative. Pin the Bill on the Ducky, Pin the Ducky in the Bathtub or in the pond, etc. You can even prepare a felt board, attach Velcro to real duckies and have the kids pin real duckies onto the board.

*Popping Ducky Bubbles: Take a big tub or box and fill it with lots of bubble wrap (big ones and small ones). Add all kinds of rubber duckies so that it looks like a big bathtub full of bubbles and duckies. Then when it's "bathtime", put on some energizing music (like "Splish Splash I was taking a Bath ") and just have everyone start jumping on the bubble wrap to pop all the bubbles. This can be really exciting for the kids! For older kids you can put all kinds of candies in white and clear balloons (put in the candies before blowing up). Give each kid a bag for collecting candies and let them loose to go and pop the "bubble" to get their treats.

*Duck Calling Contest: This can be hilarious - especially with the smaller kids. Get everyone together and have each guest give his interpretation of a duck call while the other guests try to mimic each call.

*Soap Catch: Pair up the guests, have them wear their shower caps and give each couple a bar of soap (duck-shaped if you can find). Have them toss the soap to each other - wetting it before each throw - and take a step back after each successful catch. The couple that can toss the farthest without dropping the soap bar wins.

TwistedSerenity
by on Apr. 14, 2009 at 12:25 AM

i want to try to have a spongebob party but i would take any party things someone could donate it doesnt matter what theme her party is thanks in advance

Missy_Dye
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2009 at 7:34 AM

My sons Birthday is in September and I would like to get Mickey Mouse Party Supplies as I am having a hard time right now trying to help my parents out with things. If there is anyone who can help with Mickey Mouse Party Supplies I would appreciate it!

summerfuzzies
by on Oct. 25, 2009 at 1:12 PM

my daughters birthday is dec. 27th and she will be 2 i want to do tinkerbell for her so if anyone has any idea's or supplies or wants to help donate to supplies to help me throw her a small fairy party that would be great. thanks to all  

Our Little angels need angels this season please help us by visiting us at  http://www.cafemom.com/group/poorchristmas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)