Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pork steaks and cream gravy

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:56 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 20 Total Views

I dredge them in flour that has been seasoned with Lawrey's seasoned salt and black pepper, but you can use just salt & pepper, or garlic salt if you like. I set them aside while I heat up a cast iron skillet, on medium high heat, then add bacon grease or oil, about 1/2". Wait a minute or two. Test that your fat is hot enough by throwing a tiny bit of flout in the pan. If it frizzles up, then it's hot enough. Carefully place pork steaks in skillet. Usually two will fit. Don't crowd the pan. Cook about 5 minutes or till golden brown on underside, then carefully turn over with tongs, don't use a fork. Then cook about 3 minutes and lower the heat to medium low, cover with a lid and continue cooking about 10 minutes till tender. Now you can test with a fork. Remove, and if cooking more, place the first ones in a 300 degree oven to keep warm. When finished cooking all remove all but 3 tablespoons fat from skillet. Add 3 tablespoons flour, stir until starting to brown, about 2-3 minutes. Slowly add a couple cups of milk and continue stirring. Add more if too thick. Cook a few minutes, or if too thin, keep cooking longer while you mash the potatoes-you really need mashed potatoes for this gravy. Biscuits go well with it too.

by on Apr. 16, 2018 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)