Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son is getting married We are going to make the food any Great Ideas

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:42 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 259 Total Views

Thanks I need new things to cook

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
samsbaby78
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:44 PM
well first congrats. and second what kind of things are you looking for?

kathy067j
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:55 PM

anything that is cheap and feeds alot of people like Like polish sasage and krout 

ChannaRamma
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Well when we got married we had a country/western theme kind of!  LOL~  We had fried chicken/mashed tators/beans/rolls/ you know the regular homestyle type of food.  So it just depends on what they like and your theme I believe.

teen boyteen girltoddler boy

AuntieV
by Member on Apr. 16, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Depending on the time of day you could do typical picnic foods. We had an early afternoon casual wedding with the reception in the back yard of our new home. We had potato salad, macaroni salad, fried chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers, some jello salads, chips and dips etc.

Some of the guests even brought a covered dish. Our wedding invitations just said "Guests are invited to join the new couple for a picnic reception at their new home at ...."

SanDiegoMaxMom
by Member on Apr. 16, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Baked pasta is very inexpensive....you can serve with bread and salad.

Lasagna, ziti, spaghetti

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Bruno23
by Member on Apr. 17, 2009 at 4:03 PM

The Best to all of you, it is such a wonderful and happy time.  I'd be happy to help you with some ideas.  Myself and a friend have done catering of different events, such as Romantic Dinners for 2, up to parties with up to 70 people.

Please let me know if it will be indoors, outdoors, casual or whatever.  Perhaps you have what we call Stations of different ethnic foods, or various types of different foods where people can sample small amounts of various foods.  This may sound overwhelming but it is very easy with do ahead prep.

Examples could be: Italian (which is the easiest as far as I'm concerned) and it goes a long way, Polish which is also very simple, American which can be ham, beef, casseroles, salads, and any of your special recipes.

I have many varied recipes I would be happy to share.  Also, are you doing only a Cocktail and Dessert Buffet?  That can be a real easy theme.

E-Mail me at BOSSGER@AOL.com if I can be of any cooking and planning help.

Good Luck,

Bruno23

Gerry Bruno

Bruno 23

verlaine
by New Member on Apr. 20, 2009 at 3:00 PM

My daughter and I do weddings all the time and baby showers we do the decorating and food. We think ham salad sandwiches or turkey salad sandwiches are a real cheap and good choice everyone loves our recipe. I've used it for our Christmas teas for years. And pasta and potatoe salads are great I have wonderful recipes for that. We do desserts and punches. I am a chef so I do alot of weddings and we live in a small town so most people have tried our food if you want some recipes or ideas for the wedding just let me know I'll gladly share.

swtnss927
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Congratulations     I am from south Louisiana and here we do things like sausage and meatballs in BBQ sauce,finger sandwiches, fettucini,jambalaya.Not sure if this helps but I hope so.

MommaTurbo
by on May. 24, 2009 at 3:59 PM

We did a BBQ for our wedding. We had dutch oven BBQ pork sandwiches, dutch oven potatoes, pasta salad, and green salad. It was relatively cheap because we didn't hire a caterer, a friend of ours did all the dutch oven stuff and i did the salads, and the rest was buns, condiments, and such. Worked out really well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)