Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Back to work at (gasp!) an office!

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 12:01 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 383 Total Views

Hi, ladies! Sorry I've been out of touch and not keeping the group very active. I've been unemployed since July, but now I just got a job offer--at an office! (Sigh) it was nice being home for this past year and a half--especially being with my 2-year-old. I know she'll love daycare (once she gets used to it), and it will honestly be good for both of us to get out of the house for some socialization, lol.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be on CafeMom even less frequently than I have been. I know this group isn't very active, but if somone would like to take over as Group Owner/Admin, I'd be more than happy to pass the reigns.

Jen
Mom to Emma, 13; Wyatt, 10; and baby Sofia...babies

Group Owner
Home Office: www.cafemom.com/group/homeoffice

Juggling little ones AND deadlines? Meet others who have the best of both worlds as a work-from-home mom. (No classifieds, please.)

by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cmuessig
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Congrats on the job! I know you have been looking for a while. I hope it all works out well for you.

Sometimes I think I should go get an office job! The grass is always greener though right? lol. There are pros and cons to both. I love being home but do miss the comraderie of my former co-workers.

I would offer to take the reins for the group but I am so busy I don't know how well I would do. If no one else is interested and you are feeling like you want to hand it over I would think about doing it:)

JenE4
by Group Admin on Apr. 8, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Thanks! I guess we'll see if we have any other takers. :-)

Kari78
by on Apr. 14, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Hey, Jen!!  Congrats on the job...have you started yet, is it awesome?  I hope so.  Liam started nursery school in the mornings recently, even though I'm still working at home...I thought he was getting really bored hanging around the house all day.  He loves it!

JenE4
by Group Admin on Apr. 14, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Kari, I'm glad to hear Liam is enjoying nursery school. I'm sure Sofia will enjoy daycare once she gets used to it. She starts tomorrow; I start work on Monday.

JenE4
by Group Admin on Apr. 14, 2010 at 12:12 PM

I moved group ownership to you. I had the group set private and I received PMs when someone applied to join. I'm not sure how to change that. If you know how to, feel free to make the group open or change to you approving membership, etc. Thanks so much!

you rock

Quoting cmuessig:

Congrats on the job! I know you have been looking for a while. I hope it all works out well for you.

Sometimes I think I should go get an office job! The grass is always greener though right? lol. There are pros and cons to both. I love being home but do miss the comraderie of my former co-workers.

I would offer to take the reins for the group but I am so busy I don't know how well I would do. If no one else is interested and you are feeling like you want to hand it over I would think about doing it:)

Jen

Group Owner

Juggling little ones AND deadlines? Meet others who have the best of both worlds as a work-from-home mom. (No classifieds, please.)

JenE4
by Group Admin on Apr. 14, 2010 at 12:13 PM

Oh, wait. I just saw you would THINK about doing it, lol. Perhaps that was a bit premature of me! Oops! But you can transfer it back to me, if you'd like, or perhaps someone else would step in. Kari, wink-wink?

Quoting JenE4:

I moved group ownership to you. I had the group set private and I received PMs when someone applied to join. I'm not sure how to change that. If you know how to, feel free to make the group open or change to you approving membership, etc. Thanks so much!

you rock

Quoting cmuessig:

Jen

Group Owner

cmuessig
by Group Owner on Apr. 14, 2010 at 10:44 PM

LOL Jen, no worries. I will do it. If there is someone else who really wants it just let me know:)

Make sure you keep in touch Jen!

JenE4
by Group Admin on Apr. 18, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Yeah, I'll still check in when I can. Thanks so much! I'm REALLY going to miss being on CafeMom all day, lol.

blowing kisses

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)