Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome! Please Introduce Yourself.

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi, my name is Jen. I'm 34 and live in NJ with my husband, Dave, and three children, Emma (12), Wyatt (9), and Sofia (almost 1). After working out of my home full-time, I recently started working full-time from home managing copyediting for a manuscript development house.

I feel like I finally have my dream job--getting to be here with my kids, while continuig to do the job I love. I started this group to meet other moms to share the joys and unique challenges of juggling being a working mom AND a stay-at-home mom at the same time. Plus, we miss out on all the office gossip in the break room, so any and all topics of discussion are welcome! (Well, except for classifieds offering work-from-home opportunities, advertising for jobs, or selling merchandise. There are lots of other groups on Cafemom for those opportunities.)

welcome

Jen

Mom to Emma, 12, Wyatt, 9, and baby Sofia...

babies

by on Jan. 20, 2009 at 9:14 AM
Replies (41-50):
BizNurse
by Member on Mar. 28, 2009 at 10:11 AM

Good Morning!  My name is Linda, and I'm a Registered Nurse and Medical Fraud Investigator by education, founded and owned with my husband a medical cost containment corporation (1991) and have now we've replaced that income as Executive Directors with Melaleuca. 

I think through the yesrs the most struggles I've witnessed with home based business owners is that they don't set office hours or WORK their business as a Business.... and that's one thing that's critical to your business success.

We have two awesome boys... 19 and 21 and they are both home with us (5400 st ft house so plenty of scace!!)

I look forward to "meeting" you all!!

JenE4
by Group Admin on Mar. 28, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Hi, Linda! Welcome to the group!

Jen

babies

Group Owner Home Office: www.cafemom.com/group/homeoffice
Juggling little ones AND deadlines? Meet others who have the best of both worlds as a work-from-home mom. (No classifieds, please.)

workinfromhome8
by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 5:25 PM

My name is Carrie, I am a 28 year old mother of 3 soon to be 4!  I started working from home when I was ordered bed rest with our second child.  from then on it just seemed right to be at home with my kids!

I now work with Melaleuca and I love it!  I am able to replace a full time income and still be at home.  dh is a law enforcment officer(among other trades!).  we just moved to a small town in SW wisconsin.

I joined this group in hopes of getting more ideas on how to be super effeicent in my job.

MY HERO!                               
 I am a Republican, Pro-Breastfeeding, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, Spoiling,  semi granola stay at home, cops wife, PRO-LIFE, Christian, God loveing MAMA!!!

JenE4
by Group Admin on Apr. 1, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Welcome to the group, Carrie! And congratulations on your new little one! When are you due?

Jen

babies

Juggling little ones AND deadlines? Meet others who have the best of both worlds as a work-from-home mom. (No classifieds, please.)

snowpeasmom
by on May. 20, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Hi my name is Rachel. I am 27 mom. I work as I finder of goods and service for people. Its a long explaination but it stens from me being a personal assistant to someone in Hollywood. I don't say who because then I get hounded about who I met etc. But when I found out I was pregnant I knew I could stay in the business because it demands way too much time, there had been weekends where I only had 4 hours sleep and was back working the other 20. Really demanding job. When I told my then bf of two years that our birth control failed he told me it was him or the baby. I am very pro-LIFE. So he left, I couldn't keep my job, my boss propsed one month after my bf left, I was confused and lost, So I left everything. Then a friend of my boss said he needed help with something and I could do it from home, and then another friend and another and basically they have allowed me to stay at home. The wierd hard thing is I'll make alot of money and then NOTHING and then ALOT of money and then NOTHING. Its kind of scary not knowing when my next check is coming so I am also trying out a business idea I have and I made my first deal with my new idea, and with that deal I made $30,000 in one shot. Total shocked about that, I am thinking its a fluke but if it isn't I will be so happy. Heck I will only need to make a deal every 2-4 months and after I get things pattened, I was thinking of maybe helping out other moms that want to work from home...but that is still a maybe. Anyways. that is my story in short.

baby growth

galaxy questcosleeping mommyProud Work At Home Mom Blinkiehomebirth blinkie

JenE4
by Group Admin on May. 20, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Hi, Rachel! Welcome to the group! That's great how things worked out for you to be able to work from home--although it sounds like it was a bit nerve-wracking at the time!

Jen

babies

HTheriault
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 11:15 AM

My name is Heather and I work as a database analyst (I know, GEEK) for an insurance company.  I started working from home one day a week about three years ago (I helped spearhead the practice).  About two years ago, I was able to swing it to working from home fulltime.  I work sort of a flex schedule - I start around 6am, take a break 630am-730am to get her to school (while reports are running anyway), then work until around 4pm.  I take breaks throughout the day and my boss is mostly flexibile with my needs for time away.

My daughter is 7 now and just finished 1st grade - sniff! :(.  She goes to after-school care as I simply cannot get anything done with her here.  I am on conference calls off-and-on most days and she can't seem to grip that the others can HEAR HER!  I do enjoy what I do and the flexibility of working from home!

-Heather

"We all have a few failures under our belt.  It's what makes us ready for the successes."  (Randy K. Milholland)

JenE4
by Group Admin on Jun. 12, 2009 at 12:10 PM

Hi, Heather! Welcome to the group! I don't have TOO many phone calls, but I understand the anxiety about noise and not wanting people to think you're just playing with the kids instead of working (even if sometimes we are, lol).

Jen

babies

2ndtimeMom3
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2009 at 11:26 AM

Hi Jen and All,

Thanks for accepting my application to the group.  I've read all of the introductions, and I'm impressed with the variety of WAH pursuits in which members are involved.  Having done that, I also realize that mine is a bit different.

After working in the field of social services for 20 years, I am glad to have the opportunity to work at home.  I teach online for a major university with students all over the world.  This gives me a flexible schedule, and the ability to spend family time with my kids--which is something we had little time for when I worked outside my home.  I also tutor online for several hours a week.  It is gratifying to help students, some young and some older, with working through problems they don't understand.            

My name is Gwen, and I live in a suburban city in Illinois.  Living here makes it great for my 2 teenaged sons, as they have a level of freedom that we never had when living in a large city like Chicago.  It is safer, quieter, and much easier on my nerves.  I also have a son who is turning 30 in a couple of weeks.  He is married--giving me the daughter I never had--whom I love dearly.   They have given me a wonderful grandson, who will be three next week, but is much older than his years!    One of our favorite pastimes is blowing bubbles!

blowing bubbles

I love reading, writing, listening to music, and watching movies.  I find that I have to make choices about which I will do, because it's difficult to do more than one at a time.  Although I have found that it is possible to listen to soft, classical music while reading or writing.

reading                    writing                

It's been great meeting you all, and I look forward to chatting with you!

Thanks again!

Gwen 

Workin' at home and luvin' it! 

JenE4
by Group Admin on Jun. 20, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Hi, Gwen! What an incredible career! Online universities seem like the perfect solution for working adults to pursue further education--but it never dawned on me that the professors get to work from home, too! What do you teach?

Jen

babies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN