Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's Your Home Office Must-Have?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:29 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 356 Total Views

Beth's post about her Blackberry got me wondering what other items are a must-have to keep your home office running smoothly?

For me, it's my MacBook with wireless Internet. I couldn't imagine what I would do without it since I'm constantly moving around the house with it--sitting on the couch, sitting on the floor with baby, bringing it to the baby's room, going to the dining room if I really need to focus... I also have these fantasies of going to a nearby coffee house with wi-fi, but I then I think of the reality of trying to keep the baby still in her stroller or high chair, and trying to lug my laptop, the baby, and a cup of coffee out in public. Eh, I'll just stick with my French press and store-bought Starbucks or DD coffee grounds at home.

Jen
Mom to Emma, 12, Wyatt, 9, and baby Sofia...

babies

Group Owner Home Office: www.cafemom.com/group/homeoffice
Juggling little ones AND deadlines? Meet others who have the best of both worlds as a work-from-home mom. (No classifieds, please.)

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sarasotamomtobe
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 9:36 AM

Other than the Blackberry (can't stress that enough), my 4 in 1 printer, fax, scanner, copier.  It takes up little room and I don't have to run out for anything, unless it is a lot of pages.  I am amazed at home much just the fax and copier have come in handy for our household use as well.  With Jamie applying for licenses in other states and job hunting, it has been a life saver or at least a time and money saver. 

Beth
Group Administrator 
Over 30 and Just Starting    
http://www.cafemom.com/group/over30andjuststarting
Group Owner
College Basketball Lovers!  
http://www.cafemom.com/group/collegebasketball

wanderingmuse
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:34 PM

definitely my laptop!

babyjakesmama
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:44 PM

My phone head set, wireless laptop, and awesome helpful hubby! :)  He also works from home, so we can help each other out if we have an important meeting.  And my palm pilot too!

Dani

goldierebel
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2009 at 2:56 PM

A great way to file,I have paperwork all over and need to get organized and stay organized . What do you all do with your business cards, paperwork,invoices,and bills,and everything now is in boxes with hours of work.I think I may need to get clear boxes,sort, and probably half of it I can throw out.

I need a calander for the desk top that I can write notes for. I can get that at staples . I need a system for all my passwords and although I bookmard the passwords I lose alot.

Any sugggestions..Thanks Kathy

Kathleen Mercurio

REGIONAL SALES DIRECTOR

JenE4
by Group Admin on Jan. 23, 2009 at 4:49 PM

I have this metal file rack that I stole from my last job. (They would have just thrown it out. Yes, I'm justifying having stolen it, lol.) And I have a big box of folders, so when I'm working on a project, I have a folder in the rack for that project. As soon as I can, I'll throw out papework. I'll keep electronic files of things on my computer if I think I might need to reference in the future. And I have a planner that I write everything down in--including server passwords, etc. I always keep my planners from year to year. I don't know why, though, lol. But if I ever need to know what work I did on a specific day in the year 2000, I'm set! lol.

Quoting goldierebel:

A great way to file,I have paperwork all over and need to get organized and stay organized . What do you all do with your business cards, paperwork,invoices,and bills,and everything now is in boxes with hours of work.I think I may need to get clear boxes,sort, and probably half of it I can throw out.

I need a calander for the desk top that I can write notes for. I can get that at staples . I need a system for all my passwords and although I bookmard the passwords I lose alot.

Any sugggestions..Thanks Kathy

Jen
Mom to Emma, 12, Wyatt, 9, and baby Sofia...

babies

Group Owner Home Office: www.cafemom.com/group/homeoffice
Juggling little ones AND deadlines? Meet others who have the best of both worlds as a work-from-home mom. (No classifieds, please.)

Aislynnw
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2009 at 5:20 PM

My main "must haves" right now are the computer and the phone.  I desperately want a lap top for the same reasons - running all around the house.  What is this about the BlackBerry?  Why do you recommend that?

Aislynn

www.OurFamilyTogether.info

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)