Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are any of your co-workers WAHMs/WAHDs?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:40 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 196 Total Views

My boss is!  So she really understands what it's like.  I told her my sitter couldn't come today, and she said "Those days really suck."  LOL!  But yeah, I'm thankful that she knows how hard our job is when we're at home with our kids.

Cost of Routine Infant Circumcision:
A) $300-$500 or more
B) 15 sq. in. of skin; ridged band; immunological system; gliding action; lymphatic vessels; blood vessels; length & circumference
C) A person's genital integrity, his right to choose for himself, and his sense of trust in his parents
D) All of the above

Group owner of: Nutrition for Babies & Toddlers

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
wanderingmuse
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:30 PM

I am the only one in my office who works from home, so it can be tough.  Luckily, my regional manager used to do it, so she understands what it can be like.  It is tough to try and hide the fact your kid is home though when talking to people who don't know/understand.

JenE4
by Group Admin on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:51 PM

This is a really interesting post. I work for a relatively small company that has three small offices. My office is by FAR the smallest--only 12 people! I think a couple of people work from home in the other offices, but I'm the only one who does out of my office.

However, I used to work for my boss at another company (for 8 years)--and half of the editors in the office I also worked with there! So, they really wanted me to come work with them, and it was their idea to let me work from home since the commute was longer than it was to the original job and daycare in the area was more, etc. It sure felt good to be so appreciated that they'd bend over backward to have me work with them! :-)

I've only been doing this since end of September, so I try really hard to NOT mention issues with the baby or older kids. I get my work done, so that's all that matters to them. But I don't mention, hey, Sofie's teething so I need to take care of her for a while instead of working--just like I don't mention I'm on Cafemom when I'm waiting for them to send me work, lol. I guess I consider working from home sort of a "Don't ask; don't tell" situation, lol. I'm just going to do my work and do it well, and as long as I do it, they won't question what else I'm doing during the workday.

sealed lip

Jen
Mom to Emma, 12, Wyatt, 9, and baby Sofia...

babies

Group Owner Home Office: www.cafemom.com/group/homeoffice
Juggling little ones AND deadlines? Meet others who have the best of both worlds as a work-from-home mom. (No classifieds, please.)

lissabeescraps
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:02 PM

I own my own business and aside from downline, I don't have coworkers....BUT, what is wonderful for me is my best friend. 

She owns www.thescrapqueen.com and homeschools her children and she has FOUR children, the oldest being 6 and the youngest being 6 months.

When I get stressed, I just step back, look at her life and suddenly, mine seems sooo much calmer!  And because she is dealing with a lot of the same things, she totally understands everything I deal with.

And she thinks my life is the crazy one because I am on committees and do crops and gatherings, so I think I make her life feel sane as well.

Lissa....CTMH Independent Consultant, Group Owner ScrapNMoms, Papercraft Sublime blogger and homeschooling mom to Trinity and Olivia....my most inspired creations!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)