Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:29 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 296 Total Views

Hi everyone.  I just wanted to say 'hi' and introduce myself.  My name is Melissa.  I am a full-time workers compensation claims examiner.  I have been doing it about 10 yrs and about a year and a half ago hubby and I relocated.  Rather than loose me as an employee, my job sent me ome with a computer and I've been workingfrom home ever since.  I now have a 10 month old son and the challenges of balancing home and work are enormous.  Hubby thinks since I am home I should be able to do it all!  In reality, I am lucky to make it through the day.  Cramming all my work into naptimes and time when DS is at the sitters is hard, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.  anyways..... HI  I can't wait to talk with you ladies.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenE4
by Group Admin on Jan. 21, 2009 at 1:57 PM

That's awesome that your job let you work from home rather than losing you! I also have a 10-month-old! Well, 11 months as of tomorrow. But Beth and Kari ALSO have 10-month-old babies. It sounds like we'll have a lot of issues in common. I figure it's not SO bad that Sofia's just crawling, but ANY DAY she'll be running around, and I'm sure that will make working from home a LOT more difficult! We'll have to commiserate about that! :-)

Jen
Mom to Emma, 12, Wyatt, 9, and baby Sofia...

babies

Group Owner Home Office: www.cafemom.com/group/homeoffice
Juggling little ones AND deadlines? Meet others who have the best of both worlds as a work-from-home mom. (No classifieds, please.)

Kari78
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Hi Melissa!  I feel for you...luckily I have an awesome husband who understands how hard it is being a WAHM.

Yeah that is really cool that we all have babies so close in age!  :-)

Cost of Routine Infant Circumcision:
A) $300-$500 or more
B) 15 sq. in. of skin; ridged band; immunological system; gliding action; lymphatic vessels; blood vessels; length & circumference
C) A person's genital integrity, his right to choose for himself, and his sense of trust in his parents
D) All of the above

Group owner of: Nutrition for Babies & Toddlers

sarasotamomtobe
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Welcome!!  Are we all part of the March group as well?

Beth
Group Administrator 
Over 30 and Just Starting    
http://www.cafemom.com/group/over30andjuststarting
Group Owner
College Basketball Lovers!  
http://www.cafemom.com/group/collegebasketball

Kari78
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Liam's b'day is Feb. 23...his due date was 2 weeks before that.  So if I were in any, I'd be in a February group, but I'm not in any of those.  :-)

A) $300-$500 or more
B) 15 sq. in. of skin; ridged band; immunological system; gliding action; lymphatic vessels; blood vessels; length & circumference
C) A person's genital integrity, his right to choose for himself, and his sense of trust in his parents
D) All of the above

wanderingmuse
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Your lucky hubby understands.  Mine tries, but I think working from home without a lil one got him expecting to much.  Like a spotless house!

Quoting Kari78:

Hi Melissa!  I feel for you...luckily I have an awesome husband who understands how hard it is being a WAHM.

Kari78
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 9:55 AM

See that's where you went wrong!  I was clever and never had a spotless house, even before the kid.  ;-D  hahaha.

Quoting wanderingmuse:

Your lucky hubby understands.  Mine tries, but I think working from home without a lil one got him expecting to much.  Like a spotless house!

Quoting Kari78:

A) $300-$500 or more
D) All of the above

JenE4
by Group Admin on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:04 AM

laughingOh, that's hilarious!

My house is FAR from spotless, but I find that I can keep it at the point where if we had people coming over in 15 minutes, I could actually do a whirlwind cleaning session and not be completely embarrassed. While when I was working out of the house, I would need like 3 hours of major cleaning to get rid of all the clutter every weekend. That's definitely one of the bonuses of being home--getting to do a load of laundry and dishes each day, vacuuming as crumbs are spilled instead of like once a month, lol.

Quoting Kari78:

See that's where you went wrong!  I was clever and never had a spotless house, even before the kid.  ;-D  hahaha.

Quoting wanderingmuse:

Quoting Kari78:

Jen

babies

Juggling little ones AND deadlines? Meet others who have the best of both worlds as a work-from-home mom. (No classifieds, please.)

Kari78
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:19 AM

I find that having Liam around makes it imperative to at least keep the place relatively clean!  He likes to practice his newfound love of feeding himself by picking up any tiny stray piece of dirt or lint that he finds on the floor and putting it in his mouth.  Nice!  ;-)  Do they all do that??

A) $300-$500 or more
D) All of the above

JenE4
by Group Admin on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Oh, yeah. Sofie does! I don't even know how she even finds—let alone picks up—these miniscule pieces of lint!

Jen

babies

Kari78
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Well at least he's not alone!  I know, I will have just vacuumed, and a few minutes later he'll be crawling around with his mouth closed going "mmm, mmm"...that's how I know he's got something!

A) $300-$500 or more
D) All of the above

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)