Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ways you slack off

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:11 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 344 Total Views

My son is at my husband's cousin's house 3 days a week.  I love it!  She is wonderful & it gives him time to play with his cousins (she watches all the family's kids).  I bust my @ss those 3 days to get all my reports, requests, and projects out of the way, so when my son is home on Mon & Fri I can slack off and play with him.  Lately I've even been getting bold and we have taken outings & I only work at naptime when he is home.  So ladies....  That is my ?.  What are the ways you have found to live both proffesionally an personally without being locked in your office?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JenE4
by Group Admin on Jan. 21, 2009 at 5:35 PM

I don't really leave the house much, but obviously Cafemom is THE major slack-off for me. ;-) I also MUST watch both the 10 am and 2 pm showings of the Daily Show and Colbert Report. I usually have work to do, but if I have it on twice, I can usually catch the complete episode in bits and pieces. I also stop and play with the baby. Especially if she's dancing to her toys or shows, I just HAVE to stop and dance with her--she's too cute!

Jen
Mom to Emma, 12, Wyatt, 9, and baby Sofia...

babies

Group Owner Home Office: www.cafemom.com/group/homeoffice
Juggling little ones AND deadlines? Meet others who have the best of both worlds as a work-from-home mom. (No classifieds, please.)

Kari78
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 10:48 AM

I try to get most of my stuff done while the sitter is here, and while Liam naps, too!  When he's awake, I can work to an extent, but it's slow going and hard to concentrate.  When I can't concentrate, I generally come on CafeMom!  Also we have the slowest database in the world...I can hit "save," come on CM and make a few posts, and go back and it's still working on saving...no joke!

Cost of Routine Infant Circumcision:
A) $300-$500 or more
B) 15 sq. in. of skin; ridged band; immunological system; gliding action; lymphatic vessels; blood vessels; length & circumference
C) A person's genital integrity, his right to choose for himself, and his sense of trust in his parents
D) All of the above

Group owner of: Nutrition for Babies & Toddlers

Toasty
by on Jan. 23, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Well I generally don't have much free time..If I'm not working I'm either cleaning or playing with Trent or studying. I maybe get a few hours a week to play WoW and read :) So that watching my TV shows (Lost and Legend of the Seeker mainly) are my big Slack off things.

JenE4
by Group Admin on Jan. 23, 2009 at 4:53 PM

I've seen your comments in the Lost fan group, too. The premiere just blew my mind! Last week my son and I watched all of season 4 Friday night and Saturday just to prepare for season 5!

Quoting Toasty:

Well I generally don't have much free time..If I'm not working I'm either cleaning or playing with Trent or studying. I maybe get a few hours a week to play WoW and read :) So that watching my TV shows (Lost and Legend of the Seeker mainly) are my big Slack off things.

Jen

babies

Juggling little ones AND deadlines? Meet others who have the best of both worlds as a work-from-home mom. (No classifieds, please.)

Aislynnw
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2009 at 5:17 PM

I probably slack too much by being on Cafe Mom and Face book too much.  I sometimes get a couple of hours of work in during nap time, if I'm lucky.  But, fornutately, my hubby gets home from work around 3:30 in the afternoon so I start working somewhere around then.  Since I try to get my full time job done and get my business in, I'm usually up until midnight or 2:00 am.  I sure wish I had a babysitter in the morning or three days a week.  You ladies are lucky!  My mother-in-law will usually babysit one day a week so that helps out. 

Aislynn

JenE4
by Group Admin on Jan. 23, 2009 at 5:29 PM

2 am?!?! Wow. A very late night for me is if I decide to watch a show that starts at 10, and I have a very hard time making it up until 11. My hubby goes to bed earlier than me: 9pm, sometimes even 8! We're morning people, lol.

sleep

Jen

babies

Aislynnw
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2009 at 3:46 PM

Gosh!  I wish I was a morning person!  I cannot drag myself out of bed in the mornings.  If I have to get out of bed before 8 am I'm not a happy camper.  My kids even are beginning to sleep until around 9 am.  I use to try to wake up around 6 and work a couple of hours so that I wouldn't work so late at night but I've finally decided I'm just not built that way.  Anyone have any ideas how I can retrain my body?  :)

Aislynn

lissabeescraps
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Cafemom I can justify with my work, BUT what gets me in trouble is fancast.com.....did you know all 94 episodes of Major Dad are on there?  Yeah, that sort of thing....

Or Youtube to catch up on Bones, Friday Night Lights, watch the latest episodes of 24 and The Unit....we don't have TV so I tend to sit here and watch a lot.

Lissa....CTMH Independent Consultant, Group Owner ScrapNMoms, Papercraft Sublime blogger and homeschooling mom to Trinity and Olivia....my most inspired creations!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)