Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Overwhelmed and exhausted

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 10:08 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 183 Total Views

So today I had to go into the office.  It is a 2 hr drive each way.  I left at 8 am after dropping off Ty and didn't get home until 7:30 pm.  It was fun.  I haven't been there in 6 months and I thought I felt isolated.  As it turns out, the office was overwhelming!  There were so many people talking to me and trying to get my attention and needing me to do things...  It was absolute pandemonium.  How did I ever do that full time?  I am completely drained and SUPER glad I get to stay home tomorrow.

by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MHLsMom
by Member on Mar. 5, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Hope you don't have to go in too often! I never like it!

The grass isn't always greener...unless you work from home! LOL! I am quite happy with my luscious work-from-home pastures with only the occasional unsightly dandelion!

Welcome back home!

:-) Karen

"Mischief managed!"
JenE4
by Group Admin on Mar. 6, 2009 at 1:54 PM

It's amazing how you assimilate to routines. I worked in the office full-time just 4 months ago, and already just going into the office a few times over the last couple of weeks had me TOTALLY exhausted and I wondered how I possibly did that before. But, I certainly didn't have to drive 2 hours each way--just one! I like to think of it as a reminder to help me appreciate working from home all that much more!

Jen
Mom to Emma, 12, Wyatt, 9, and baby Sofia...

babies

Group Owner Home Office: www.cafemom.com/group/homeoffice
Juggling little ones AND deadlines? Meet others who have the best of both worlds as a work-from-home mom. (No classifieds, please.)

MommyId
by Member on Mar. 6, 2009 at 3:30 PM

I sat in a 2 1/2 hour meeting.  Tempers flaring.  Egos pushing.  I was so glad I had to leave to pick up my son from school.  Wow, I need some advil.

wanderingmuse
by Member on Mar. 6, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Those days are the worst!!!  I try to never forget how fortunate I am not to have to do it often :)

Quoting MommyId:

I sat in a 2 1/2 hour meeting.  Tempers flaring.  Egos pushing.  I was so glad I had to leave to pick up my son from school.  Wow, I need some advil.

Kari78
by on Mar. 9, 2009 at 5:01 PM

We really are the fortunate few!  Man, I about get a headache just thinking about the old days when I would take the subway to work and then be at the office all day!  Ugh.  Horrid.

I'm a full-term breastfeeding, natural weaning, non-circ'ing, non-vaxing, co-sleeping, ECing, cloth diapering, baby-signing, anti-CIO, Aware Parenting, health-nutty mommy to one sweet little rascal!

"People are people, no matter how small." ~ Dr. Seuss

Group owner of: Nutrition for Babies & Toddlers

MommyId
by Member on Mar. 10, 2009 at 4:08 PM

I was in from 8-3 today with my ds.  He watched way too much TV and I have a headache.  ugh.  I have to do it tomorrow and Friday as well.

BizNurse
by Member on Apr. 23, 2009 at 5:00 PM

I totally understand!  Every now and then I drive out in the AM traffic to REMIND me of how blessed Tim And I are now!!

:-)  ONward and UPward!      Linda/CMAS, BS, RN

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)