Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's Been Going On?

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:32 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 550 Total Views

Hi, girls! I've been out of touch for the past month. I checked in once or twice, but haven't been able to keep up with everything--so what's been going on?? I posted that I was laid off the day before we left for vacation, and since we returned I've been busier than I was when I HAD a job, looking for a job and freelance work. But, I guess that explains why I was laid off--no work to do for the last couple of months, lol!

Anyway, we had a fantastic time in Disney World. The baby LOVED it! She went 8 days straight with only napping on lines and wasn't the slightest bit cranky. She couldn't get enough of the rides or the characters. My other daughter turned 13 on the trip, and she was really into the whole Disney aspect of it: the characters, Minnie ears, blowing all her birthday money on Disney pins and getting into the pin trading. My son was sport enough to pose for pictures with the characters--realized it was easier to snap a shot and then move on to the rides rather than complaining about it, lol. Anyway, here are a few pictures. I have more on my home page if you're interested:

So, what's been going on with all of you?

Jen
Mom to Emma, 12, Wyatt, 9, and baby Sofia...

babies

Group Owner Home Office: www.cafemom.com/group/homeoffice
Juggling little ones AND deadlines? Meet others who have the best of both worlds as a work-from-home mom. (No classifieds, please.)

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
cmuessig
by Group Owner on Jul. 29, 2009 at 11:22 AM
Very nice vaca pics! Looks like it was a great time:) As far us we have been soooo busy!! We just got back from Atlantic Beach NC for my friend's wedding. I was her MOH. We flew and my 1 yr old did pretty well! Naps and sleeping in a strange place were an issue at first but by the second day it was much better. I am not sure if I shared this before but I have horses and my old mare is getting too old to be ridden anymore so I have been horse shopping. Very exciting for me:) I think I have found a nice young mare and will be making the big purchase soon. I have decided to put Skylar in daycare 2 days a week and see how that goes. I say day care but it is actually a friend of mine who does in home day care and has a little boy Sky's age. So hopefully it all works out. Good luck with your job search. I hope you find one soon!
Christina
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)