Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you work out today?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:32 AM
  • 78 Replies
  • 1554 Total Views

I was thinking tonight that we need to hold eachother accountable...  So, did you work out today???  Lets make this an ongoing post/check in.  Let everyone know what you did for your daily workout.  Whether you went walking, running, swimming, or lifted weights... Dont forget that you did all that and chased your little ones around!

So lets hear it...  What did you do for exercise today?  Did you eat healthy?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrm1433
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2009 at 12:36 AM

1/26/09

I did not make it to the gym today, we had an ice storm and the roads were way to slick, so I tried to workout around the house by cleaning doing lunges, jumping jacks, jumping rope, sit ups, crunches, push ups, lift the kids, lol.  I tried to get my workout in.  lol.  Its funny how being cooped up in a house all day can make you have way too much energy!  I hope the weather is better tomorrow so I can make it to the gym...

As for the food part, I did okay.  I did have a few choclate chips.  I eat a few of those when I am really craving chocolate.

sugarmagnolia1
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:28 AM

1/26

I did 45 minutes on the eliptical on "rolling" on level 16 (it doesnt go any higher)

and then I ran a mile on the treadmill. I came home and did a half hour of yoga.

I ate good all day. Lol I stuck my finger in some homemade chocolate pudding .

*~*~* Katheryne *~*~*

KCmummie
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:55 AM
I was iced in and have a sore throat... I wrote myself a doctors note and skipped the gym! But I did some strippercise... so yeah!!
Rachael06
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Yesterday I walked 3 miles throughout the day. Today I will be walking 2 miles. I am actually forced to work out right now,lol! You see,I don't have a car and I walk my kids to and from their preschool Monday-Thursday and I am still doing this halfway through my 3rd pregnancy! Oh yes, this is in below freezing weather! I must be nuts,lol!

I love Dance Fitness !!!

kltaylor07
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:46 AM

1/26-

i didn't know i was going to start holding myself accountable until i joined this group last night...lol.  so no, i didn't do anything!  =(  i like this idea of the posts!

I'm 23 & a mom to 1 crazy little monkey, Taylor Wrigley (go cubs go!). I haven't taken the easy road but I have taken a very blessed and fun one!  I'm also a full time working mom (i RAISE my son too btw, gasp!) as an interior designer. I live in Oklahoma (BOOMER!) out in the boonies. I love going to the playground, meeting new people, traveling everywhere, a nice ice cold beer, showing our son the world & having fun! My SO is that guy that has never met a stranger, works with his hands everyday, lives in flip flops, jeans, hat and a white tee. He is a wonderful SO and an even better father...and we just got ENGAGED! I love my life!

Tania107
by Group Admin on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:12 AM

1/27

My replacement Jari Love DVD's got in yesterday so I'll be doing one of those when I get off of here. Yesterday I did push-ups, crunches and lots of squats, I was kinda lazy. I'll blame it on the weather and my cycle just starting.

When you work out during your cycle do you feel better?  I know I do.

mrm1433
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I feel so much better.  Its hard to start but once I am finished I have no cramps and a ton more energy! 

Quoting Tania107:

1/27

My replacement Jari Love DVD's got in yesterday so I'll be doing one of those when I get off of here. Yesterday I did push-ups, crunches and lots of squats, I was kinda lazy. I'll blame it on the weather and my cycle just starting.

When you work out during your cycle do you feel better?  I know I do.

SingingMomof2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:07 AM

1/26
I did 20 mins on the treadmill w/ incline and then did crunches, push ups, handstands agains the wall, weights.

mom2bella
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:38 PM

I worked out last night. I did a 15 min. run for a warm up and did this routine I found on the men's fitness website. I highly recommend it!! It was such a good cardio workout too and didn't take long. Plus I thnk you can adjust it to where you can do it at home. I did it twice and including my run it took me 45 minutes from start to finish with a less than 2 minute break in between. Oh man the second time around was much harder! lol

Check it out. (Let me know if you try it)

150 Full Body Work Out

Body Weight Rows 15
Body Weight Squats 25
Push Ups 15
Jumping Jacks 50
Mountain Climbers 25
Close Grip Push Ups 10
Body Weight Rows 15

Rest and Repeat!

Tonight I'm just doing cardio, I just started running after my move and post holidays so I'm working on endurance again and improving my 5k time.

sugarmagnolia1
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:02 PM

I did my arms and my abs and I feel a little better ( I am getting my period wa) I am planning on doing an hour of yoga later.

*~*~* Katheryne *~*~*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)