Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worthy Investment - Stripper Pole!!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:19 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 783 Total Views

Alright, so I've taken strippercise classes off and on for the last few years and always had such a wonderful time doing them... I've always loved dancing and what's better than embracing our sexiness??

I am woman hear me ROAR and all that hot jazz!!

So, I asked my husband for a good "workout" stripper pole... I did my homework of course before we made the purchase. Because there are a lot of supposed stripper poles, but if you were to attempt one trick on these "portable poles" you'd be more likely to lose your head than inches!!

Your best bets if your interested in getting one of your own are the following...

1. Lil Minx Pole - this is the top rated pole, mainly because it's backed by a lot of celebs. But whatever... it tends to run a little higher than some other poles. You do have to make a small hole in the ceiling for this pole, which was the reason I did not go with this one. It's made from great quality material and once installed in sturdy and permanent. Safety is key, ladies!

price: 200 +

2. X-pole - The X-pole does not put any holes in the ceiling which is an awesome perk. Buuuut.. you do have to keep an eye on it and tighten it up every few weeks, which has not turned out to be a big deal and quite simple. But if that is something you just don't want to deal with, I would refer to the latter... This pole has worked really well for me and is a bit more affordable. The other nice thing about this pole is the fact it can be customized to your ceilings.The fabulous perk is your church minister is planning an appearance and you just don't want to explain your choice of ceiling support beams it can be taken down in a snap!

price: 200 -

3. Carmen Electra Peekaboo pole - Honestly, I am not putting this up as a recommendation for any sort of exercise equipment... if you are just wanting a novelty stripper pole this is the one to go for. It cost about hundred bucks and is a snap to assemble. I think it would be downright dangerous to try anything on this thing... mainly because it is just a spring active pole. So basically your weight is just supported with the activation of a spring to provide pressure on the ceiling and floor. Hmmmm... anyone else sense something wrong with this? Maybe if your like 90 lbs it could work!! ha ha...

price: 100 -

Ladies, this is really an awesome work out... everything is supported with the core, so your addominal region is always at work, plus your using your arms and legs for support and strength. It honestly is the total body work out... plus, it's just so darn fun you don't even feel like you are working out.

I love strippercise because I get to incorperate dance routines, cardio, and weightlifting into all in one workout... I will go for a couple of hours just losing track of time because it's so enjoyable.

There is also a huge confidence boost in embracing your sexuality and female form!

Plus, it's the gift that keeps on giving... my husband doesn't seem to heart broken that it's present in our home either. lol

So this is my top exercise equipment pick!!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EwaKJ
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:28 AM

I told my husband when we buy a house, I would like a stripper pole in our "gym"!! We are looking at house with finished basements so we can put in a gym area. I agree with you, I have heard it is a awesome workout!

Ewa...daughter, sister, wife and mother  ;)

shenanigan74
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:26 PM

I would sooo love to have a stripper pole!  I think it would be so much fun.

mrm1433
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:48 PM
I really wanna try a class out, I think that would be fun!
lapatt2
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:56 PM

I would love to try a class and a pole! My SIL and I tried a Flirty Girl Fitness (stripper move based) workout on ON Demand and it kicked my butt but I loved it!

Tania107
by Group Admin on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:57 PM

I have a Sex Swing, does that count? LOL! GREAT ab workout!!

lapatt2
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Quoting Tania107:

OMG!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I'm sure it does count and gives you a great ab workout,lol! I'm not that brave,lol!

ramjamnamsmom
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:42 PM

i'd love to try! sounds like its def not a boring workout!!

Tania107
by Group Admin on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Next investment will be the pole.

Quoting lapatt2:

Quoting Tania107:

OMG!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I'm sure it does count and gives you a great ab workout,lol! I'm not that brave,lol!

msnatasha
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:08 PM

I would def have to agree with you on the pole! Pole dancing and Strippercise is a great way to target several parts of the body at once. I love them. When I was a with a different adult toy company, we used the XPole for our Pole Parties. I just ordered the Flirty Girl Fitness workout, I seen it in the infomercial and it looked awesome. I plan on going on a cruise this summer, so that has been my motivation to get back into shape!

NaTasha

Mommy to 4, Wife to 1, and also known as the Pamper & Pleasure Diva!

shenanigan74
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Kicked my butt too...and you laughed at me when I first told you about it. :p

Quoting lapatt2:

I would love to try a class and a pole! My SIL and I tried a Flirty Girl Fitness (stripper move based) workout on ON Demand and it kicked my butt but I loved it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)