Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's Your Biggest Hurdle?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:59 PM
  • 12 Replies
  • 454 Total Views

Is it phyiscally getting into the gym? Eating? Mental? Motivational?? What's your biggest hurdle? And how do you overcome it.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sugarmagnolia1
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Wow I have trouble talking about this. My biggest hurdle is my eating disorder. I struggle everyday too eat enough food. Its the hardest thing. There is alwasy that other evil half that wants me too go back. I want to build muscle and I know I have to eat but some days I just dont want too! I gained sooo much weight being pregnant and now I am still heavier then I usually am by 15lbs! I want to be healthy so bad and as long as its one day at a time Im ok. I dont wnat anyone to worry I am recovered (in recovery however you like to say it) but I still do think about it.

*~*~* Katheryne *~*~*

mom2bella
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Katheryne - I know the feeling!! Mine never went to extremes but I have starved myself on purpose before.

My hurdle is mental. My "demons" are self esteem and not really seeing myself the right way. I may be 122 but I still see myself at my heaviest. It doesn't help that I gained back a few lbs over the holidays. Not a good excuse but still it didn't help. I just don't have a very good perspective when it comes to my body. It helps to take progress pictures because then I can really see myself objectively and pictures don't lie.

sugarmagnolia1
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Its like being an alcoholic. Once thats you its you forever. I do take progress pics and they do help. I am dealing with the issues that mak eme not eat and that has been the best. It was the worst in college, I was hospitalized my junior year. Now I am really focusing on making my body strong and I think thats where the difference lies, its no longer a number on a scale for me (and if it is it isnt ANYWHERE near what it used too be)

self esteem is a bitch.

Quoting mom2bella:

Katheryne - I know the feeling!! Mine never went to extremes but I have starved myself on purpose before.

My hurdle is mental. My "demons" are self esteem and not really seeing myself the right way. I may be 122 but I still see myself at my heaviest. It doesn't help that I gained back a few lbs over the holidays. Not a good excuse but still it didn't help. I just don't have a very good perspective when it comes to my body. It helps to take progress pictures because then I can really see myself objectively and pictures don't lie.

*~*~* Katheryne *~*~*

mrm1433
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:59 PM

Well I am right there with both of you.  I definetly have my days that I wont eat because I see myself at my biggest!  I also over think calories and what goes into my body, so I am always trying to get new recipes to help me actually eat.  If I know its going to be bad, then I just wont eat at all.  Then there are days before a shoot or before a fashion show that I am thinking, crap I may be bigger then the other girls, I cant eat today.  And I will go overload on cardio.  So that right there is my biggest hurrdle.  I know what to tell other people to do with their bodies and how to eat, its just when it comes to my own I dont want to trust myself, and I would rather not eat, or eat very little.  Its weird.  I am working on this though!

Quoting sugarmagnolia1:

Wow I have trouble talking about this. My biggest hurdle is my eating disorder. I struggle everyday too eat enough food. Its the hardest thing. There is alwasy that other evil half that wants me too go back. I want to build muscle and I know I have to eat but some days I just dont want too! I gained sooo much weight being pregnant and now I am still heavier then I usually am by 15lbs! I want to be healthy so bad and as long as its one day at a time Im ok. I dont wnat anyone to worry I am recovered (in recovery however you like to say it) but I still do think about it.

Brookey
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:25 PM

I have struggled with eating disorders too, bulimia/anoerexia. 

I used to be OBSESSED w/ calorie counting and weighing my food, lord it was sad!  I still catch myself adding it up in my head, and I say oh just stop it!  Its also hard not to feel guilty sometimes when I eat something bad.

EwaKJ
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 1:45 PM

I can relate with you girls as well! I had a very unhealthy relationship with food as well as diet pillswhen I was in my late teens and early 20's. Sometimes I still get nervous when I am eating a lot and I have tell myself that it's ok! I also lose motivation as soon as I am stressed! Insted of working out to relieve the stress, I just feel like I am too anxious to even think about it.

Ewa...daughter, sister, wife and mother  ;)

sugarmagnolia1
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Wow I am really glad I opened up. I don't usually like to talk about it especially in a weight loss group because I see the way people throw around (not in this group) comments about eating disorders like they are a choice or something. Plus I don't want people to think I am trying to lose too much weight. Its just a scary topic fo me. Just today I had a really hard time and I got through it. It was the first time I ever said no to myself when I was 1/8th of an inch from relapse but now I feel so much stronger.

*~*~* Katheryne *~*~*

mom2bella
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Quoting sugarmagnolia1:

Wow I am really glad I opened up. I don't usually like to talk about it especially in a weight loss group because I see the way people throw around (not in this group) comments about eating disorders like they are a choice or something. Plus I don't want people to think I am trying to lose too much weight. Its just a scary topic fo me. Just today I had a really hard time and I got through it. It was the first time I ever said no to myself when I was 1/8th of an inch from relapse but now I feel so much stronger.

That is awesome Katheryne! You are one strong woman, so many are unable to stop themselves!

KCmummie
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Quoting sugarmagnolia1:

I struggle with the same thing!! I will always and forever have an eating disorder... with me it's always one extreme or the other, now I'm trying to find balance.

It's not easy... and everyday I have to work towards that goal. Sometimes, I don't do so hot but I keep pushing forward to not fall back into my old ways.

I got so bad as a teenager I was actually placed in a rehab clinic... *shudders*

I NEVER NEVER want to be there again.

We all have to remember to be good to our bodies. Perhaps we should start reminding each other of that fact...

sugarmagnolia1
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Quoting KCmummie:

Quoting sugarmagnolia1:

I struggle with the same thing!! I will always and forever have an eating disorder... with me it's always one extreme or the other, now I'm trying to find balance.

It's not easy... and everyday I have to work towards that goal. Sometimes, I don't do so hot but I keep pushing forward to not fall back into my old ways.

I got so bad as a teenager I was actually placed in a rehab clinic... *shudders*

I NEVER NEVER want to be there again.

We all have to remember to be good to our bodies. Perhaps we should start reminding each other of that fact...

Yea I was my worst in college. Being hospitalized is horrible. Now I want to be good to my body. You are right, we need too remind ourselves of these things everyday. We only have ONE body. We need too love it from the inside out :D

*~*~* Katheryne *~*~*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)