Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Faves

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:11 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 252 Total Views

What's your favorite Fruits and Veggies? And how do you prepare them? 

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mom2bella
by Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Fruits: We are BIG on fruits in our house! We love banana's, granny smith apples, grapes, clementines, plums, etc.

We esp. love apples with pb!

Veggies: zucchini, asparagus and spinach are faves here!

Zucchini - I either grill them or bake them in the oven with a little bit of Pam spray and salt with garlic powder. 

Asparagus is make the same with, both just cooked al denta! So delicious!

I love spinach in either salads or with a filipino soup dish I love to eat.  

mrm1433
by Group Owner on Feb. 6, 2009 at 9:18 AM

My all time favorate fruit is pomergrants.  mmmm.  I love em!  But we are big on fruits in our house as well.  We eat apples, oranges, berries, strewberries, you name it we most likely eat it if its a fruit.

As for veggies, we love veggies too~...  We love zuccini, sqaush, anything green, my boys love green beans.  lol  I think thats baout it.  Oh yeah my favorate artichokes.  Which jessica I have a great healthy recipe for!  I know you love artichokes too!  mmmmm

Tania107
by Group Admin on Feb. 6, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Gosh, this is hard. We LOVE fruits and veggies! My oldest two have always eaten every kind of fruit and vegetable.

I love blackberries and raspberries
Artichokes, all kinds of squashes, fresh spinach.....AYE! I can go on and on. YUM!!

mom2bella
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Mary! Send me the recipe! 

alyssasmommy122
by on Feb. 7, 2009 at 1:21 AM

Mmmmm, we eat all kinds of fruit and veggies. We had the yummiest spaghetti squash with a touch of marinara sauce the other night. For anybody interested, I cut it in half and then baked it at 350. The recipe used said for 30 minutes or until you could poke a fork through the skin easily. And that was about an hour and 20 minutes. So I would suggest upping the temp to 375 for 30 min. and do 10-15 min increments until its ready. It was super yummy and pretty filling.

SHANTELL32
by on Feb. 7, 2009 at 11:25 AM

I LOVE ALL KINDS OF FRUITS BETWEEN ME AND THE KIDS AND HUBBIE .

IT DON'T STAY LONG... I LIKE APPLES THE GREEN ONES, PEACHES, ORANGES.PLUMS GRAPES, BANNANA.. WATERMELON STRAWBERRY.. KIWI MELONS..OK THERE IS MORE..

VEG, CARROTS, CUCUMBERS,PEAS.. BROOCLI

REALLY LOVE FRUITS!

Rachael06
by on Feb. 10, 2009 at 3:12 PM

I love every fruit and vegetable, but I would have to say my favorite fruit is watermelon and my favorite vegetable is artichoke. I really want to try Brussels sprouts again sometime.I had them when I was a child and remember liking them. I just never come across them in the stores I shop at.

Come join Dance Fitness !!!

EwaKJ
by on Feb. 12, 2009 at 8:46 AM

I could live on fruit and veggies!!

My favorite fruits are apples, grapes, and grapefruit...but any fruit will do :)

Veggies...asparagus, brussel sprouts, spinach, tomatos, cucumber...well I think all of them but squash!

Ewa...daughter, sister, wife and mother  ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)