Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to get

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:59 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 326 Total Views

how did you guys get bookings

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hrp0514
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 3:05 PM

I am new to Partylite and doing my first show this weekend. I would also like to know this because I have been trying the last week to get things stirred up and nothing.

tazmidgiefairy
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 12:45 AM

where are you from

lianye
by Member on Jun. 15, 2010 at 12:01 PM

If you are just starting out, you can ask friends and family members.  Just let them know you are just starting, so it would be a big help to you if they would do a show to help you get started.  BUT, don't rely on friends/family for your business.  At shows you can always play a booking game to get people to book.  Also the host specials, especially right now with the margarita collection, which is host only and only available June/July is a great booking tool.  The elimination list is already out, so if people really like items on the elimination list, you can use that to try to book them, tell them if they host a show, they can get the items for free before they are retired.

Sometimes it's easy to get bookings, and sometimes it's hard.  For me, it's much easier to get a booking from a show, then from just talking to someone. 

If you go to the CBC (consultant business center)  On the main page, look at the menu on the left.  Towards the bottom it will list consultant forums.  I HIGHLY recommened visiting them.  There are a LOT of people who visit them every day and they give out great advise and support.  Plus there is also a game/theme forum, so you can learn some bookings games, and other games to play at your shows.

Hope this helps!!  Good Luck ladies! PartyLite is a great company to work for!

hrp0514
by New Member on Jun. 15, 2010 at 1:13 PM

Hi, I am from the Southeast Texas region a very small town called China. How about you? Also, thank you for the tips I am really hoping I will have a good turn out on my party this weekend but so far I have been able to get 3 people everyone else is like we'll maybe it's not a definite yes or no so....I don't think I am even considered a consultant yet because I don't have any access to anything I think maybe after my starter show that'll all work out if I understand my leader correctly. I wish you guys the best of luck and thank you again cause I know I can use all the help I can get.

Heather

tazmidgiefairy
by on Jun. 15, 2010 at 11:38 PM

I am from philadelphia Pa and I had an ok turn at my start party and got on show from that but no shows after that and I really want this to work out for me and thanks for the advice

lianye
by Member on Jun. 16, 2010 at 12:56 PM

I am from Beaumont, California.  My starter show was back in August of 07, and I had a horrible turn out and a horrible start.  I learned the hard way to not rely on family LOL.  Tho my mom and my best friend are my 2 best customers.  They each hold a show for me every catalog.  But my mom is my only family member that has ever had a show for me.

If people can't come to your starter show, don't forget to try to get outside orders from them!  You could still have a great show even with a small turn out.  And make sure you let them know it's not just a normal partylite show, it's your starter show because you love partylite so much you want to sell it, so attending this particular show would be a huge help to you with kicking off your business.  Some people may attend just for that reason.  Don't hesitate to ask your leader any and all questions you may have too, that's what they are there for!

hrp0514
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2010 at 6:46 PM

I just finished my starter show and it wasn't bad for the amount of people I had but didn't really have a turn out. I think like you said you can't rely on family. LOL None of them showed! I did get a few sales and really going to try and push for online sales the next few days from thoughs who didn't show to try and get my kit for free. I hope though I can book some future shows because I didn't get any bookings. Wish me luck! I wish all of you ladies the best of luck and not giving up because I KNOW I can do this. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. It has to work because I have over 30,000 in student loans I need to pay off and I want to continue to stay home with my babies.

Heather Purks

Ladyljl
by Member on Jun. 20, 2010 at 1:03 PM

The Dice Game works like a charm for me getting shows! which is on the learning center, my leader has some thing like it but she uses the cute little purse you can get on express it and they get to keep the purse if they book a show.  I Love theme shows, express shows, mystery hostess shows, YOU have to be excited about your business and NEVER give up and don't forget to ask men to your shows.  my biggest order at my last show was $305. from a guy (that 's right one guy order $305.) and it going to the person who is doing a book/express show WAIT it is a guy too.  These men are helping their friend out so she gets her candles.  Never judge a customer always ask everyone

tazmidgiefairy
by on Jun. 20, 2010 at 9:44 PM
How do you play the dice

game
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)