Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP, how do you get parties??

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:00 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 236 Total Views

I'm pretty new to selling PartyLite. I sold it before and gave up because I ran out of people :( I got back into again...I REALLY love it! I am just nervous about running out of parties...I've only had 4 parties so far, like one to two a month (I've been doing it again since end of November)... How do I get bookings? BTW, at the shows I've had the most guests I've had there was 3(they wouldn't book) :(

What do I do??

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mom2maddie06
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:34 PM

bumpAny advice would be greatly appreciated!! 

wicksoflight
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:51 AM

This is the hardest part about making a direct sales job work. Getting outside your circle.

As far as getting more people to the parties you do have. Coach the crap out of your hostess! Encourage her to get as many people to the party as possible. Make it about her, make sure she know why SHE needs all the people their. Use PARTY CRASHERS! I've started doing a Party Crasher Contest. For every party crasher a hostess has at her party a ticket will go into a drawing at the end of the month for something (whatever I decide that month).

To get parties...You'll have to...go outside your comfort zone! talk about partylite EVERYWHERE you go. Sales people, Cashiers, People in line infront or behind you. There will never be a good opportunity to start talking about what you do.  You have to make it happen. The Tealight Survery (I have the survey if you need it) is a GREAT way to do it! Start off by complimenting them on something

• You: I just have to tell you how much I LOVE your shoes, where did you get them?
  • Gal:  Shoe Outlet
  • You: Really, I've never been there, do you shop their often?
  • Gal: All the time, I love their shoes
  • You: I'm going to have to try that out! BTW, I was wondering if you'd be interested in participating in a tealight survey? I'm a new partylite consultant in and I'm trying to get opinions on some of our newest and most popular candle fragrances... I'll give you one of my candle packs, if you'll take it home and use the candle, I'll give you a call in the next day or 2 to ask a few questions about your experience with it. Everyone who participates goes into a monthly drawing for a pillar candle. Would you be interested?
  • Gal: Sure, I love candles
  • You: Great, here's your tealight, let me just get your information...when would be the best time to contact you?"    and so on and so on

Just make sure you do the follow up! I've gotten both parties AND sponsoring use this method. It's WONDERFUL. it REALLY helps to make it easy to break out of your comfort zone.  Keep door prize slips with you to get their information and a baggie with a tealight and a business card. I also recommend keeping a couple catalogs with you too in case the person is familiar with partylite and asks.

I've been doing PartyLite for 6 years and I'l be happy to answer any questions you might have. Ask here or PM me and i'll do my best to help! 

http://www.partylite.biz/sites/TabOConnor The Fall/Holiay Catalog is HERE! Do you christmas shopping with a HIGH quality company! OR host a Catalog/In Home Party to get it all FREE!

wicksoflight
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Oh, just another example, for when talking to a sales person or cashier.   You can thank them for the wonderful and kind service they gave you that day and offer them a candle as a thank you gift. Tell them you are a new consultant in the area and would LOVE to know what they think of the candle after they've burned it. Explain how the survey works and see if you can get their information to call them in a day or two.   If they say no, thank them again for their service, show them that your business card is attached so if they change their mind or would like to know more information on how to get free and discounted candles and accessories they can call or e-mail and tell them to enjoy their candle!

And ALWAYS remember.... What's the worst that can happen???   They say no  and you move on! No harm done!

http://www.partylite.biz/sites/TabOConnor The Fall/Holiay Catalog is HERE! Do you christmas shopping with a HIGH quality company! OR host a Catalog/In Home Party to get it all FREE!

mom2maddie06
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 12:58 AM

Cool ideas thank you soo much!!! I'll have to try this out! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)