Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Play group

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2010 at 12:38 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 527 Total Views

I am starting a Winter Playgroup which may even extend into summer.  We will meet at least once a month but more often if those in the group want to.  This group is open to all of Anchorage, Eagle River, Chugiak, Peter's Creek, Palmer, Wasilla, Butte, and all surrounding areas as far as you want to travel.

I am also looking for a date vote website so we can vote on when and where would be best for the majority of the group.

We could also schedule with each other to car pool when needed.  I personally would be brining anywhere from 3 - 8 kids to each meeting because I run a daycare.  I have 2 children of my own.

Put down your name and location city and neighborhood if you want and then put down boy or girl (or name if you like) and their ages so we can design specific groups and wide age meets.

We may also do group potlucks, and clothing exchanges (hand me down or swaps both for kids and parents alike) and so very much more.

List anything and everything you would want to do as a group and when you would be available to do so.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8RFQ3P9

by on Oct. 6, 2010 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mommatoobe
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2010 at 1:31 PM

I'm Mikayla. Wasilla 2kids Girls 4weeks and 22months

klc08
by New Member on Oct. 7, 2010 at 4:26 PM
I'm Laura, new to wasilla area. I have a 2 1/2 yr old daughter and soon to be 1 yr old son. Also 7 wks prego with our 3rd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rik-E
by on Oct. 7, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Rachel -- I have 3 kids. 7 year boy (attends school).  3 year old grl & 9 month old girl. We live in Wasilla area.

Try meetup.com -- great setup to arrange groups and allows for easy input from everyone!

angelsdaycare
by Group Owner on Oct. 13, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Great to see some responses on here.  I also got 5 responses on facebook so now we just need to figure out when is the best time and get started already.

angelsdaycare
by Group Owner on Oct. 13, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Ok tried meet up .com and am not willing to spend the money to join.

So maybe I will make my own website for the group to have one central point to catch up.

Rik-E
by on Oct. 13, 2010 at 11:04 PM

I didn't realise meetup cost, I don't "own" any groups there. How about a facebook page?

Quoting angelsdaycare:

Ok tried meet up .com and am not willing to spend the money to join.

So maybe I will make my own website for the group to have one central point to catch up.

angelsdaycare
by Group Owner on Oct. 14, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Ok so the official website will be

http://ak-co-op-playgroup.webs.com/ 

Now I just need everyone to fill out the survey and we will have our first meeting.

PrimalMom
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Any moms still using this?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)